what's the best weather app?

basic temp and forecast isn't enough- I need to know heat index, humidity, dewpoint, etc.

There's a lot of weather sites. I don't need something OVERLY complicated but it would be nice knowing the heat index.. (ie:FEELS LIKE)

I got an iPhone and use the weather channel app. It gives the 'real feel' but honestly the app is pretty slow. I find myself using their web page more

Weatherbug used to be REALLY annoying when installed on a PC. It had popups and did other annoying things in the middle 2000's. They may have cleaned it up and realized the error of their ways, but I will never use it, even on a mobile app.

I prefer just going to the Weather Underground site (not related to the radical/terrorist organization) at wunderground.com

I use the acuweather app. It seems sufficient to me, and I seem to have problems with the weather channel app for whatever reason.

accuweather through beautiful widgets (android). Integrates nicely into the beautiful widgets clock/weather/date widget.

the actual service doesn't matter since it is never correct anyways

I used Weather Bug for a while, but switched to the Weather Channel and prefer it. I like that it shows humidity and dew point.

I also use the NOAA app. Both give all the info you want. Weatherbug is flashier; NOAA is simple and straightforward.

Weather Channel and Dark Sky. I use weather channel for end of the world weather alerts and I use Dark Sky to tell me when my location is about to have rain/snow.

9323681610_2139e54468_c.jpg

Radar Express - brings the radar map right up fast and no fancy navigating needed to look at the forecast although it is missing some of what your looking the it's still worth it for it quickness of the instant radar, it's data it provided by NOAA

NWS has a new mobile site in beta that has everything. In the tile with the basic temp, wind speed... Is a "+" that gives all the current info you are looking for. I don't mess around too much with apps. http://mobile.weather.gov/#typeLocation the site saves the areas I search for; it's a matter of tapping on the bookmark on my screen.

Last edited:
Great suggestions! So now that the heatwave broke who still wants to move to Florida? :)

Screw that noise. They can keep that humid BS. :eek:

I'm a big fan of the WeatherBug app myself for the simple reason that it's FAST. The Weather Channel's app "works" and I do have it because their radar picture is often a little more accurate than the weatherbug one when things get close/tricky, but it's slower than dog you know what and I will not tolerate slow apps if I can avoid it. I am warming to the NWS mobile site. It's a little clunky on the smaller iphone, but it's great on my ipad.

Ok. You're bringing up another question!
I dumped Time Warner. I have an iPhone. What if I were to get an iPad... Maybe for my daughter. Is there a discount on iPads if you already have an iPhone contract?

BTW this thread is great. I arranged all my weather apps in a cluster. Each one has features that make it special.

So which weather apps did you go with?
Regards,
Doug
I dumped Time Warner. I have an iPhone. What if I were to get an iPad... Maybe for my daughter. Is there a discount on iPads if you already have an iPhone contract?

BTW this thread is great. I arranged all my weather apps in a cluster. Each one has features that make it special.

I use many apps as well, each has Its up and each has its down. For the most part I use accuweather and on 4g Lte it is fast enough for me. I have not heard of any specials from apple or anyone for bundling phones and Ipads, there may be data bundles but apple to my knowledge is pretty much a "you want it youre gonna pay for it" kinda company. <-- thats me hating on apple :beer:

Back