Wooo back from vacation

Shnabbles

Me and the wife just returned from our 7 day cruise were we Snorkeled in Jamaica, Snuba and Snorkeled in Grand Cayman, and Snuba'd in Cozumel.

We saw ALLL kinds of fish and several different kinds of hard corals and even a few anenomees...

We saw brains and Favias bigger then a picnic table and schools of tangs like i would of never imagined.

Even saw several SPS corals acros and motis.

At Cozumel i saw a small snail shell on the bottom picked it up gently didnt feel any pull from a snail so i snuck it in my pocket to add to the tank later.. only when i pulled it back out on the beach did i notice the small little blue legs sticking out of the shell... (little blue legged hermit) so i had to return it to the water..

Ill try and get the pics we took online soon.

Wow, breadman, sounds like a really good trip! i bet it was way too short though .. the colors and varieties of fish and fauna down there is pretty good. cant wait to see the pictures.

hey how does the light down there compare to your tank?? gonna make any adjustments?

The light in the shallow reefs was more yellow them my current lighting... I suspect i need to replace my MH's here soon though.

yeah, that would be about 6500K in 10 feet of water. but what i remember most enjoyably about the islands is that brilliant light aqua marine blue/green water looking out over the shallow bone fish sandy flats. i just wanted to bottle some up, bring it home and paint the walls with it. its so bright its nearly blinding.

Let me know when you post your pics Shnabbles I'd love to see them. I may be heading to the far Pacific region myself this summer and hope to post some underwater pics myself.
God and IRS willing.

Back