Worm's S. Gig

Looking a bit flat in the photo, but I looked at the live feed and it looks better. What kind of lights it is sitting under? I've never seen that color before -- looks cool! It definitely does have potential to be some sort of rainbow.

looks like a great gig worm hope everything works out greats I know its in great hands....I will keep checking back.

Looking a bit flat in the photo, but I looked at the live feed and it looks better. What kind of lights it is sitting under? I've never seen that color before -- looks cool! It definitely does have potential to be some sort of rainbow.

looks like a great gig worm hope everything works out greats I know its in great hands....I will keep checking back.

It does look better on the live cam than the pic. He looks great swaying in the flow

Yeah I know... Dosent it??!!??

It is in 12k mode right now under a radion.

It started this lights up nice and tall, when the lights hit it, it shrank down. At first I thought floppy pancake.. THEN I could see it actually start to grow under the light.

NICE... I was really happy. I think it was just scared. HAHAHAHA

I have been judging the progress based on what letters are in the back ground in the camera. Well I can not see the letters anymore, so that says a lot!!

It is holding up and staying up with no problems. It is swaying in the flow and it is also pulsing.

So far so good.. I think it has been 22 hours so far.

Pics to come later tonight.

For the rest of you, it is ok to sit back and watch. QUOTE]

Thanks! This be me! :) Typing takes a lot of work, this type of thing requires too many little details to accurately get ideas across... Just keep the updates coming so we can all enjoy your gig (with out paying for it or taking care of it! ha ha).

oh, and.... CONGRATS! We all know you've been wanting one for a long time. :dance:

I saw the live feed this morning, it looked good in the dark, but the lights came on and like you described, floppy pancake mode. But on the live feed right now it looks good. The color looks like it will be a real nice one after it's acclimated. On the live feed right now the mouth looks nice and tight.

So what's your plan for water changes with it? How are you doing them? DT water, or fresh saltwater? If freshly made saltwater, how long aged? What %? How high is that light? What's the max % of intensity? Do you have an airstone in the HT, or any air? Is there surface scum skimming? What temp are you aiming to keep the HT at?

Sorry for the questions... inquiring minds want to know! See why I don't post a lot now? I usually end up with more questions than answers.....

It is funny to see it react to the light change.

Now I have been home all day due to snow so I have seen DAY ONE of the lights come up and go down.

Before lights on nice and stretchy...

Lights on.. A little limp

As they came up all the way it stretched out. Like it was wanting the zooxanthe to kick in, feeding it, instead of it reaching for something.

Then it stretched out and almost double it's size from lights on.

NOW... that lights are going back down... it has shrunk down to morning lights on size.

OK so feeding time for the MAIN DT's then I will do a 5g water change.

CIPRO at midnight.

For the rest of you, it is ok to sit back and watch. QUOTE]

Thanks! This be me! :) Typing takes a lot of work, this type of thing requires too many little details to accurately get ideas across... Just keep the updates coming so we can all enjoy your gig (with out paying for it or taking care of it! ha ha).

oh, and.... CONGRATS! We all know you've been wanting one for a long time. :dance:

I saw the live feed this morning, it looked good in the dark, but the lights came on and like you described, floppy pancake mode. But on the live feed right now it looks good. The color looks like it will be a real nice one after it's acclimated. On the live feed right now the mouth looks nice and tight.

So what's your plan for water changes with it? How are you doing them? DT water, or fresh saltwater? If freshly made saltwater, how long aged? What %? How high is that light? What's the max % of intensity? Do you have an air stone in the HT, or any air? Is there surface scum skimming? What temp are you aiming to keep the HT at?

Sorry for the questions... inquiring minds want to know! See why I don't post a lot now? I usually end up with more questions than answers.....

Wanted to address your post separately.

Thanks... Yea I type for a living most of the day at work.. LOL

I am unsure of the true color yet as it shows both yellow and brown colors.

Water changes are going from the DT to the HT. Re supplying the DT with made SW. So the aging is a while, mixed that is.

I am using 1.026-7 for my water. Want to keep it as close to where it is going to not cause another deflate cycle.

The light is 2 inches above the water level and running at 50% of 12k out of a radion 2G pro.

I am running an air stone since zero hour.

No skimming, only water changes of 50% planned. NO LR or live media.

Currently I am running it at 82 degrees.

I am slowly moving my DT up per some threads that orion posted in the past/present to 82 degrees for my DT.

For others... Please keep/start asking questions.

Knowing is 1/2 the battle.

I am waiting till after water change and lights out to take the time lapse camera off and let you see it so sorry for the lack of pictures today.

Mine two is on their third night, so one day ahead of your's. Mine are doing well. Only deflated one time. Both are very stiff and hold up well to current. Mouth still a little large. Continue to look a little better each day.

Camera adjusted.

I wonder why it went up. Hummm..

It is ok now.

When looking at it, right now, it is small, waiting on sunset, earlier today you could NOT see the EMT symbol in the background. That is how fluffed it was.

I'll have to check him out after work tomorrow when he is full.

He has great looking colors though!

Dumb question, what is that string like thing in-between him and the cup?

Edit: thanks for fixing the camera, I am living out my anemone fantasies atm.

Edit again: I can honestly see him deflating right now, its weird.

Yeah it is strange.. He is adjusting to the light. Once the timelapse is done you should be able to see it better too.

The string thing is some slime, to put it nicely, I have seen it before on anemones. It is like a outer skin layer. It will come off as a sheet and bunch up to make a string like that.

Kidna like us humans getting sun burned and a layer come off. Almost like it is getting rid of the previous protective layer from the previous water and making a new one.

You are welcome on the camera. I watch it too as the computer is in the other room.

OK Promised video:

After about 1/2 the light started to go to blue, I have since edited it to 12k throughout the duration of 'day'.

Watching it in High Def is much better, just let it buffer and then click play.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lX3B9ZOrWTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PhqBAoqrrM8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks!

Last edited:
Start of day 2: (when it stops snowing I wont be able to do 'start pics' LOL)

20140214_130040.jpg

20140214_130014.jpg

The above pics look good. But, the live feed I've been keeping an eye on, it's deflated now. IMO, still too much light. When I was qt mine, when they did that and I noticed, I killed the light for the rest of the day. To me, my mind thinks (may be wrong, don't know) if it's inflated, it's healthier/easier for the internals to "flush" the rotting/dying gunk/algae (the biggest hurdle to overcome IMO). When it sits in a pile like that, more damaging than good ( I would think any rotting material will just spread to good material it made contact with internally). I would think keeping the lights on the lower end would be better, get it to stay inflated 24/7 through all the cycles, then ramp things up to where you/it wants/needs them, once it stabilizes and remains inflated all the time. I know some say "let er rip" when it comes to gigs and lights as far as acclimation, but I've killed plenty trying it that way. Any other thoughts from anyone else?

Worm, do you know or did you notice, did it stay inflated longer yesterday than today, in regards to the light period? Or did it shrink the same time? Seems like it shrank earlier today. ?

I usually only see it during the night when the lights are out and every time I looked it has been fully inflated and standing up tall

Back