WRC 2012 frag swap

northbay-reefer

The next WCR meeting is going to be our 2nd annual frag swap. I don't have a date set yet but I want to announce it early so you will have a chance to prepare.

The location is going to be at Jofish and they will have tables and chairs to make it more comforable for us.

I will announce the date as soon as I have it.

Will JoFish have frags for sale so that those of us who do not have large enough colonies to frag can purchase them?

I cant wait last years was great. Ill have to bring a bigger container this year

It will probably be sat or Sunday.

Yes I am sure Jofish will have frags you can buy or other members can always set you up with some frags. Sometime all you have to do is ask :)

I have 2 frags I can bring. Pink and gold zoas and an accidental bright green Formosa stag frag. Sorry Grant I tried my best not to break it.

Are those good or would I need better frags or more?

Tom, I figured Sunday since Jofish is closed so our swap is easier than Saturday when they may have customers. Plus, I am hoping to be inside than outside if it is too nippy.

Either day of week is fine with me, just figured their business hours would likely mean it'd be on Sunday.

I was just wondering about this too.

Also I did not get s response if my 2 frags are good enough or not.

Just bring the frags. No judging. Plus pink& golds and stag SPS are not "generic" corals like xenia and GSP (which some swaps consider TOO common). I am sure a member would want them. Worse case you take it back if no one wants it.

As long as we are not taking leftover/extra frags just to resell on Craigslist or such (which would simply ruin the donors original generosity).

Luis' A. formosa frag is a good test subject for those who have their water and lighting right and want to try colored sticks, and this this case, fuzzy colored sticks (gotta love the fur). It is very hardy (for an acro), and if it isn't doing well it's not worth trying other acros.

The apical polyps on mine were pushing 5/8" long the other morning. Ridonculous! :D

Yeah man I love this colorful fuzzy green stick, thanks again to Grant for it.i think it's doubled in size if not a bit more since he gave it to me. Ok I'll try to do one more frag of pink and golds. Any idea when the meeting will be?

We are still working on the vendor for the frags and the last time Tom and I spoke we were shooting for the first part of February, probably on a Sunday when our hosts at Jofish are closed so the takeover by the club won't bother anybody;). We'll update when we know more. Thx Grant.

Luis, the frags you mentioned are fine Bud and thx for wanting to give back.

Rather than all sticks we are trying to get more of a mix of acros, lps, acans, etc this time so stay tuned for more info.

Last edited:
Cody, you can put those twinkies in the raffle. Apparently they have become quite the commodity. ;)

Back