You have got to be kidding me!!!!

Hartdude

Premium Member
So, I stop by the LFS today and purchase four new Peppermint shrimp today to combat the four of five new Aptasia that have recently sprouted up. I dropped in the shrimp and headed off for a wedding. When we returned home, I found this...

007-3.jpg

STUPID SHRIMP! The shrimp is supposed to EAT THE APTASIA, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Ten bucks down the Aptasia... :(

that's a pretty big one. i think i'd go with a manual method like injection or pasting rather than relying on a shrimp.

That is irony at its best. I'm sorry for your loss on the shrimp, but that is some funny stuff there. LOL!!!

You might want to try some Joe's Juice for those nems. It works great for me.

Best of Luck.

HOLY CROW, that is a huge Aptasia. I would try Aptasia X or Joe's Juice on that sucker. I still can't believe he got the shrimp though.

thats just wrong! i've tried all kinds of things and have found if its within reach i rip them to shreds with a sharp instrument.

LOL! That sucks! You should see if you can get your money back for that one. It must have been weak or on its way out, cause I can't see an aip, even one that big, grabbing a healthy peppermint.

Actually, I bought some Aptasia-X for that exact Aptasia. The shrimp were for some smaller ones in the tank. I consider this to be his "last meal," as he is now on death row. Scheduled for execution tomorrow morning before water change.:hammer:

LOL! That sucks! You should see if you can get your money back for that one. It must have been weak or on its way out, cause I can't see an aip, even one that big, grabbing a healthy peppermint.

I think you're right. He was a pretty small shrimp, and I don't think he acclimated very well. Probably because I was in a hurry and didn't drip acclimate, just let the temp even out before dropping it in.

Can't really see whats going on here/if thats the actual shrimp (being colorblind doesnt help). But are you sure the shrimp didnt molt?

thats just wrong! i've tried all kinds of things and have found if its within reach i rip them to shreds with a sharp instrument.

I'm not sure but I think each one of those "shreds" will become a new aptasia, isn't that so? I would try an under water torch, ouch!

I'm not sure but I think each one of those "shreds" will become a new aptasia, isn't that so? I would try an under water torch, ouch!

knock on wood; i've rid my reef of aptasia doing this - tried everthing else. aptasia free for a few months.

It´s probably not very nice, but that pic made me laugh out loud!
Sorry about the little shrimp, though...

Actually, I bought some Aptasia-X for that exact Aptasia. The shrimp were for some smaller ones in the tank. I consider this to be his "last meal," as he is now on death row. Scheduled for execution tomorrow morning before water change.:hammer:
that should do the trick

Back