140 Gallon DSA Build

The new lights have been running for three weeks now. As I described in the fixture thread , there is a deffinite difference in intensity over the previous fixture. I am finally starting to get some color back in this monti...

underpowered T5/LED hybrid fixture:

DSCN3930.jpg

polyps regaining color with new LED fixture:

DSCN4227.jpg

stupid snails...

stupid snails...

I have a couple of bulldozers in the tank that constantly knock over frags/etc. This time it is serious. The pipe organ below has been growing for the better part of a year. The other day I look in the tank and it has nearly been ripped in two and partially separated from the wall...

DSCN4237.jpg

The ATO is fixed

The ATO is fixed

I just did my first water change in some time. The tank has been neglected for too long. All I've done to it is add some top off water every other day for the last couple of months (Even my fish look hungry). I'll blame my faulty ATO for that one :hmm3: Apparently, silicone doesn't stick well to the slip-fit cap of a 5 gallon water jug. This time I went with several layers of a liquid rubber. It seems to be doing the trick for the moment. It sure will be nice top off once a week or so.

Back