240g tank w/fish room build

$6-$700 in wood?

Life keeps getting in the way. Desided to have the stand built by another tbrc member jfoltz as i just dont have the extra time right now.

It will be a simple clean look for the stand. Painted white with a quality latex paint.

Purchased the wood today.

Just a thought, when I built my stand I ended up using gelcoat with white pigment. Same stuff as used in boats. It is waterproof and dries very hard, much harder to scratch or mar then latex paint. I have a lip around my sump that acts as a catch for any spills or overflows, has saved me a time or two when removing an external return pump or a leaking carbon reactor. Fiberglass coatings in St. Pete is a great source for stuff like that.

Just a thought, when I built my stand I ended up using gelcoat with white pigment. Same stuff as used in boats. It is waterproof and dries very hard, much harder to scratch or mar then latex paint. I have a lip around my sump that acts as a catch for any spills or overflows, has saved me a time or two when removing an external return pump or a leaking carbon reactor. Fiberglass coatings in St. Pete is a great source for stuff like that.

Thx for idea. If I can find it local I might do that. St. Pete is a bit of a hike for me

check prices before getting some at West Marine, they are not known for good prices :), can't speak for boaters world. It might be cheaper to order online from fcgi.com if the drive is too far. The staff at fcgi is awesome if you can make it down there, they will know what product would work best for you.

Well Jeff sent me some pics of his progress so far. He thinks it will be complete by next week!!! Next $1 gal sale I will be buying a few 40'breeder tanks.

I think it's called a Craig jig. Saves a lot of room in side the stand.
c88dc4ddfeff04c81d3337a1c269fa62_zpsbcbvw5gz.jpg

Bottom half

35767767e2f278e439699c2c430dc0da_zpsk3igy8zd.jpg

Almost complete one. Needs to still be skinned. The skin will make it strong from twisting with the weight. He built it so the sump can sit on a floor between the 2x4 frame. not yet added. Also will have removable center brace in the front to get large sump in and out.

4aae713f9e6375ea482e8acb81a86ab4_zpsx9zfco9v.jpg

coming along nicely!!! he borrowed that thing from me for like 3 years I needed it back then he tells me he has to borrower it again! he didnt even use it in the 3 years he had it.

How things work!

coming along nicely!!! he borrowed that thing from me for like 3 years I needed it back then he tells me he has to borrower it again! he didnt even use it in the 3 years he had it.

How things work!

I was going to buy one.... Thx for saving me some cash :)

I think it's called a Craig jig

A pocket hole jig kit. I've looked for one occasionally (locally) at Ace. Haven't found one yet - but I haven't been looking seriously.

I picked up 3 from the past $1 a gal sale that r no aqueon. The rest i picked up yester r aqueon. I brought those 2 for jeff a couple weeks ago for testing fit.

Back