240g tank w/fish room build

Hey Roger, what are the dimensions on those tanks? They don't look the same as the standard 40 breeder from Tetra.

Hey Roger, what are the dimensions on those tanks? They don't look the same as the standard 40 breeder from Tetra.

There is 1 tank that's not a 40B. In the pic its closest to us on the middle shelf. It's 48x18x12 the 40B r 36x18x16.

I may use that one as the look down zoa tank.

Roger

Ok so I had some scrap acrylic laying around. Built this just to see a size ref to make sure plumbing will fit ok. The other side will be the aquarium glass. That is if I go this fought. I have another over flow design I may use instead.

I used weld on 4. I also ordered 3 tubes of silicone to attach the over flow boxes. Along with some Weldon 16 just in case I need to run a bead of a thicker material.

The final boxes will be made of black 1/4 inch acrylic. I have an entire sheet in the garage.
20150708_145640_zps3imynnyr.jpg

That looks good. How are you going to cut the teeth? Router and a jig?

No teeth. Teeth slows down water. Teeth Only gets in the way. I use gutter guard to stop anything from getting into the overflow. Also plan to have screen strainers on the pipes inside the overflow boxes.

Not much has happened. I need to move the stands out and move the electrical on that wall. One of the rear supports full right on the outlet :(.

I ordered my new pump. Got a great deal new Reeflo dart gold for just over $300 including tax and shipping!!!

Will try to get the electrical and overflow boxes done by the end of the weekend. If life allows.

Roger

Edit

I thought I already posted that but I guess not. I got all the tanks drilled last week.

Didn't take long. Maybe 1.5 hrs to drill them all.

Last edited:
Roger is a tank drilling maniac, still can't believe the amount of holes you drilled in 90 minutes. This is really going to be a badass setup when it's done.

Roger is a tank drilling maniac, still can't believe the amount of holes you drilled in 90 minutes. This is really going to be a badass setup when it's done.

It was faster then I thought too. I'm looking forward to getting it up and water in it. Wish my table saw wasn't broken I need to cut the acrylic for the overflow boxes.

You can hand cut acrylic up to I think 1/4" the same way you cut glass, home depot sells the tool for scoring acrylic, then just snap it at the line like glass.

You can hand cut acrylic up to I think 1/4" the same way you cut glass, home depot sells the tool for scoring acrylic, then just snap it at the line like glass.

I have the tool it's not as easy as it sounds I have tried. Saw or router is the way to go.

I say we just work at a fish store and live there :) that way we can save all this building and buying lol BEAUTIFUL build Roger !

New reeflo dart gold arrived today. Also the 1.5 inch check valve. I know they tend to fail over time but i wanted to use one this time anyways

Are those pumps adjustable?

I will have a valve on the outlet of the main pump plus a valve at all tanks for control. So yes they r safe to dial back. They do not have a button for adjusting but can be plumbed with ability. They use less wattage when dialed back. Also comes with an extra impeller that puts out less flow. The snapper impeller. Makes it a snapper pump instead of a dart.

I run the same pump on my current display but I run the silver model. This is the upgraded gold version. A better quieter pump with more power then the silver

Back