240g tank w/fish room build

Can you euro brace it with some.scraps from the glass store

Yes I can. I have plenty of glass. The point of the tank was a look downtown tank very shallow. If I add a 2in euro brace that leaves my opening 13 inches and very hard to c into it from the top. there will be tanks above it too. That 2 inches will make a big difference in viewing corals. I Checked the tank build calculator. it says I only needed to use 1/4 inch glass and I used 3/8. The most I think I may do is a 2-4inch center brace. That won't block the look down as much as a euro brace will.

Thx for help everyone.

By the way the water test went well over night so far no leak that I can find.
Roger

Once again big thanks to sonicboom for lighting a fire under me!!! He texted wanting to help again. Thx so much!!! We got a lot done. Got all the overflows on the 40 breeders installed, drilled the new Zoa tank I built, built a new overflow box for that tank. Filled the water in the rock holding tank and got the skimmer running too!!! It's a beast.

I will post pics later. Big thanks to my girl for letting me out of my baby duties today so I could work on the fish room!!! You are great!!! Thx reefqueen.

Roger

Yea it helps I'm only 20 min away, I am glad to help any way I can, next time I'll bring my laptop and upgrade the firmware on your Apex!

Yea it helps I'm only 20 min away, I am glad to help any way I can, next time I'll bring my laptop and upgrade the firmware on your Apex!

That would be awesome. I'm to scared to touch it :)

Ok got some pictures loaded

We stacked the tanks used gravity to hold in place till it was solid. They came out great.

Skimmer working in the rock tank. Only took 10 min to produce a nice head of foam!

Looks like all the pics didn't load on photobucket yet so have to wait for the rest :(

Photobucket finally loaded the pics.

All overflow boxes installed. Sonic did u want an overflow box for ur tank we drilled?

A very safe clean electrical install lol.

After looking photobucket still didn't load all the pictures :(

Ok got the overflow box installed and the tank in its home. Sump still needs to be built and the plumbing. Then water. Getting very close!!!

Taped it to mark where silicone had to go and gave clean edges too.

Silicone in place

Both sides of box sealed

Tank on its shelf.

What the room is going to look like. I need a wide angle lens to get the entire room :(

Back