240g tank w/fish room build

I will have a valve on the outlet of the main pump plus a valve at all tanks for control. So yes they r safe to dial back. They do not have a button for adjusting but can be plumbed with ability. They use less wattage when dialed back. Also comes with an extra impeller that puts out less flow. The snapper impeller. Makes it a snapper pump instead of a dart.

I run the same pump on my current display but I run the silver model. This is the upgraded gold version. A better quieter pump with more power then the silver

Very nice. I think I will use one of those when I do my upgrade. Thinking of the aqueon 180. I like that foot print.

When are you putting water in the 40's?

Unfortunetly probably a month or so away still. Have to build the overflow boxes still and need to move the electrical outlet that ended right on the support leg of stand :(. Then I can work on plumbing. I'm not in a rush though so it's ok.

I have been busy and not motivated but... Today I fixed my table saw. Ripped down the acrylic I had made 7 overflow boxes today.... Here r a few pics

After ripping down with table say I used the router table to get a clean edge for glueing. I used weld on 4. All went well

All the pieces are cut

Tried clamps but ended up using tape. Worked well.

I forgot to take a pic of the final and will get one added. I'm not home now

Huge thanks to sonicboom!!! He brought his tank over so I could drill it for him. Still haven't cracked a tank :). I was showing him around the fish room. I mentioned the electrical changes that have been holding me up and I have not been motivated to do. He said lets do it now!!! Not only did he hang around and we finish/fix all the electrical. He also helped my setup the new display tank at a rock curing/ cooking station! Did a 40gal water change in the current tanks and added that to the cooking tank. It will take maybe 3 more water changes of that size to have enough water to cover all the rock. I will make some more water and do a water change every couple days till I have enough water to cover all the rock. We put the large deltec skimmer in the tank to help remove organic material.

Once again big thanks to sonicboom or who knows how long it would have been as I hate doing electrical ;(

I will post pictures later. Waiting on photobucket.

Roger, First, thank you for offering to and perfectly drilling my tank.
Second, i enjoy any opportunity to help a fellow reefer out.
And lastly, all my real projects are done so if I can live vicariously through you I am all for it...lol, oh and thanks for the frag!

Roger, First, thank you for offering to and perfectly drilling my tank.
Second, i enjoy any opportunity to help a fellow reefer out.
And lastly, all my real projects are done so if I can live vicariously through you I am all for it...lol, oh and thanks for the frag!

U r welcome for the tank.one fellow reefer helping out another. I though I was by offering to drill the tank. Turned out I benefited the most in time and labor. U r welcome to come help with my projects anytime. I will have a lot of them over the next 6 months.

Next I need to get the glass cut to build the 72x18x10 Zoa tank! Then need to get the overflow boxes installed. Then to plumbing everything up.

Roger

Got the glass cut today for the Zoa tank. It will be a 72x18x10. Top will be rimless but will have a frame for the bottom. Tank was going to be a frag tank but didn't have room to fit under tank. Crazyeyes came over and helped me take it apart. Thx again!

Used razor blades to remove as much old silicone as possible but it didn't get it all so I wet sanded the rest off.

Those dimensions are going to be sweet for a zoa tank!, lol might not even need a look down

I'm hoping I can get the flow right so I won't need one. I got all the glass finally cleaned up took hours. I only have 2 tubes of silicone so I will try to pick up a couple more just to be safe. The 2 I had were not planned for this project. They were for the sump baffles and for the bulkhead installation. I like to put just a bit of silicone on the opposite side then the seal so it has 2 seals that way. I like redundancy.

Roger

Got it built today!!! Final dimensions are 72x18x11

This is everything needed to assemble

A few dabs of silicone on the bottom frame to keep it attacked to the bottom pane of glass.

Having a second set of hands for the first 2 pieces are very helpful.

It went together very fast.

Final silicone added for the inside bead.

All done. 48 hrs till water test

Good job Roger, glad to see you got that glass cut down, also glad we could salvage the bottom frame. You could have euro braced the top with the left over glass, of the cutoffs from the sides as center braces.

Good job Roger, glad to see you got that glass cut down, also glad we could salvage the bottom frame. You could have euro braced the top with the left over glass, of the cutoffs from the sides as center braces.

I thought about it. Do u think I will need it?

Roger

Back