240g tank w/fish room build

Ok I got one side of the drywall up on the wall. I also sprayed great stuff in all the cracks to help keep in as much as the ac as I can. Will post pics eventually.

Ok so some pictures

Before
20150215_131711_resized_zpsn2hwkx86.jpg

After.

Only 1 side done so far

20150304_133119_zpshm5ccijz.jpg

I even put great stuff between the plywood joints just to help seal it even more. This pic is from the fish room side
20150304_133130_zps3ccv61cx.jpg

Looking good!! Is the drywall touching the floor? If so, I would trim up that drywall about a 1/2" or more so it does not wick up moisture and start swelling.

Looking good! At this rate you'll finish the whole fish room before we finish renovating our laundry room lol

hey roger,
did ya get that setup from fish hawk/lithia? Looks like the stand/canopy i built for someone out there a few years ago.

Looking good!! Is the drywall touching the floor? If so, I would trim up that drywall about a 1/2" or more so it does not wick up moisture and start swelling.

No its not touching the ground. It has a small space. Thx though.
Looking good! At this rate you'll finish the whole fish room before we finish renovating our laundry room lol

I hope to be dont with electrical, dry wall, taping mudding and paint in 2 weeks. Then i have to add ac and heat. After that the fun will start.

hey roger,
did ya get that setup from fish hawk/lithia? Looks like the stand/canopy i built for someone out there a few years ago.

Yes i did. U built the stand? If so its so nice u messed up my plans. I was going to build an inwall tank but the stand is so nice i have to use it :)
If u dont mind me asking what did u charge him to build it?
Roger

i can't remember what i charged him...i do custom woodworking/cabinetry, can check my records though. Think it's been 4 or 5 years now... I knew that stand looked familiar :)

i can't remember what i charged him...i do custom woodworking/cabinetry, can check my records though. Think it's been 4 or 5 years now... I knew that stand looked familiar :)

No big deal no need to look up. Your work is amazing. Nicest stand i have seen. I was really just getting a ball park on if i could afford you for future needs :)

i'm glad you like the stand/canopy :spin3: and thanks for the kind words. I'll have to do some digging...i'll find out for ya. If you have any scratches or problems with the stand from the move, let me know...might be able to do some touchup if need be.

i'm glad you like the stand/canopy :spin3: and thanks for the kind words. I'll have to do some digging...i'll find out for ya. If you have any scratches or problems with the stand from the move, let me know...might be able to do some touchup if need be.

Chris the original owner sent me the price via pm. The move went perfect no scratches that I can see.

Busy week but not on the tank stuff :(

Got the last of the drywall hung today. This week the goal it to finish tapeing and muddying

Just took the time to read through the entire thread, great job Roger!! I know who to call when I'm ready for some fuzzy stick frags! Tagging along.

Ok finally got the drywall taped and 2 coats of mud up. I'm hoping just one more coat needed then I can paint the wall and room. After that I still need to finish the electrical then solve the climate control problem for the room. After that I can decide for sure if I will be going inwall or using the skin.

Here r a couple pics

In the fish room
20150325_160330_zps1pruqqe9.jpg

The outside of that wall
20150325_160311_zpsexyrld3w.jpg

Back