3G Picotope Work Tank (Build/Progress Thread)

Update

Update

The tank is still going strong. Need a few more inverts for some motion, but it is pretty self maintaining at this point. I don't really need to clean the glass cuz the copepods do it for the most part. I just drop a pellet in for the shrimp when I think of it.

I also need to put something like a leather or branching SPS in the middle there. It seems a little bare up top. But it's gotta be something that really POPS. Any thoughts?

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

Oh. And I added something just for you, VSpeck :)

IMAG0010.jpg

Well when his skin/paint started coming off I figured he had to go. Apparently it was not meant for him to be in an aquarium at all, or at the very least not a saltwater tank.

Thanks. It was getting pretty ugly for awhile cuz I was trying to see if things between the copepods and the algae they ate would balance out on their own, but I finally gave up a started doing 50% water changes weekly. It's not too hard only about a gallon, and it's made a huge difference.

Well when his skin/paint started coming off I figured he had to go. Apparently it was not meant for him to be in an aquarium at all, or at the very least not a saltwater tank.

He probably tried to hold his breath for as long as he could, poor little guy. Did he eat the shark before he perished? :lol:

He probably tried to hold his breath for as long as he could, poor little guy. Did he eat the shark before he perished? :lol:

Nah, this grape monti frag got to him first. It had covered about 1/4 inch of the shark's fin when I pulled them out.

IMAG0670.jpg

I thought about leaving it, but who wants a sharked covered in plating monti? :lmao:

Nah, this grape monti frag got to him first. It had covered about 1/4 inch of the shark's fin when I pulled them out.

IMAG0670.jpg

I thought about leaving it, but who wants a sharked covered in plating monti? :lmao:

I want a shark and a flakey Rex covered in coral!

I want a shark and a flakey Rex covered in coral!

:lol: We'll see how it goes with the shark. The T-Rex was looking to turn poisonous though.

Here's a new pic, altered for better color accuracy. I'm not too great at it but you get the idea.

IMAG0731.jpg

I really like the maxi mini. Almost got one from SI the other day but since the cube isnt wet yet I decided to wait. lol.

Looks good man!

Sad day... Time to fork over the cash for a glass lid if I'm gonna keep things that can swim I guess.

IMAG0994.jpg

Yea. The **** off is that it's a $40+ lid for a $50 tank. But it just cost me another $20 so I guess its about time to get it together. Then maybe I'll add a fish! Suggestions??

Last edited:
Why don't you just pick up a piece of glass from lowes and get some clips to set it on? Mantis shrimp!

You mean with corners? Over a bowfront tank? It's like you don't even know me. I'm so Type A I had to go fix my last post cuz I typed "its" instead of "it's". ^^^ :headwallblue::debi::frog::deadhorse1::sad2:

Back