3G Picotope Work Tank (Build/Progress Thread)

Might try grinding my own curves though... It would only cost me like $5 if I fail, and would save me a lot more if it works.

If I did a mantis I would have to get a small one. I just saw a peacock up at SS as long as my tank is deep!

Sad day... Time to fork over the cash for a glass lid if I'm gonna keep things that can swim I guess.

IMAG0994.jpg

Holy crusty crustacean!

Harbor freight has cheap diamond bit kits for dremels that work great. I used one to open up the hole for my return pump just a bit. Just gotta keep em wet like a hole saw.

The acrylic lid might be a good route too on a tank that small. My personal experience with acrylic for a lid hasn't been good though, it always bows over time, but I was spanning larger tanks and it wasn't supported on all sides.

Holy crusty crustacean!

Harbor freight has cheap diamond bit kits for dremels that work great. I used one to open up the hole for my return pump just a bit. Just gotta keep em wet like a hole saw.

The acrylic lid might be a good route too on a tank that small. My personal experience with acrylic for a lid hasn't been good though, it always bows over time, but I was spanning larger tanks and it wasn't supported on all sides.

I already got an acrylic lid. It bowed after like 3 days and I got tired of having to flip it.

Opened this for an update and cried laughing all over again! :lolspin:

The rocks took a tumble about a week ago, so I rearranged everything, but also now I HAVE A NEW FRIEND!!!

IMAG1186.jpg

IMAG1174.jpg

Seeing that pretty pink BTA makes me want to redouble my efforts on this tank and start adding things with better color. Also decided to really work towards a glass lid so can have a fish in there. I'm thinking Rainfordi or Hector's Goby since they both pick at algae, and I'm not here to feed it every day.

Thanks man! It came from a premium crop. I've been drooling over the owner's collection for months so when he gave me a shot at one I didn't waste any time. :D

Back