400 Gallon SPS Build In A 900 Gallon Mixed Reef System

Out of the 400lbs of rocks I have to choose from for the build this rock looked the most promising to put some elbow grease into.

That piece of rock looks awesome. I started with a solid piece of rock and chiseled out my hole. Yours looks more natural. Let me know when your all setup, would love to stop over and see it and pick up some more corals!

@Neoz Thanks buddy you'll have to come by in a few weeks once im settled!
@Conesus_Kid Thanks for the confidence booster hope to make expectations :)
@boostedvq Welcome aboard

This week Ill be showing you guys how i'll be handling the flow for the 400 Gal tank.

As for flow for this tank with the success ive had in the pass with ecotech mp40's and 60's I decided to continue using them from my previous build. 4 mp40's on the back wall Space approx 8-12 inches apart (to be determined after rockwork is finalized) with a mp60 on each side glass. As for the flow for the return lines ill be using two vectra pumps after experimenting with one for 7 months now on another tank im quite impressed, energy efficiency is the name of the game. When funds are more available to me I plan on upgrading each of my mp40's to the upgraded versions of the quiet drivers with improved wet sides over time when I feel the time calls for it.

Back