60Lx45Wx20H (cm) Flat Nano

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9878129#post9878129 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HecticDialectic
How are you going to clean the sump when the tank is full of water?

hole saw..

Firstly, stop the pump. Get 30L water out of the main tank. Then the main tank is only 10 to 15kg. Lift it and clean the sump. :D

Looks like you've thought this through. What are the plans for this tank - Soft corals?

-edit-

I re-read your introduction.

Still looks good though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9878567#post9878567 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by anguswu
Firstly, stop the pump. Get 30L water out of the main tank. Then the main tank is only 10 to 15kg. Lift it and clean the sump. :D

:lol: whatever floats your boat

Well i give you kudos for a unique design but im not sure how this will all pan out. Your PH in that enclosed sump, the weight of the main tank on that glass, cleaning it, lighting it. Lots of factors that could ruin that setup.

First, stop the pump and siphon 30L of water from the main tank.
absorbwater.jpg

Move to main tank aside that help to lift it up later.
movemain.jpg

Take of the pipe
takeoffpipe.jpg

Lift the main tank and then put it on the ground or table.
mainonground.jpg

The sump is here and ready for clean it up.
lonelysump.jpg

I measured the pH today. It was 8.2. I will keep measure it.

Today I put some corals and shrimp in. Here's the photos.
grric070505.jpg

aneshimp070505.jpg

sexyshrimp.jpg

indoacan070505.jpg

Yes, this one is reallyfunny. I have two but only one dance like that. The name of the shrimp is Periclimenes brevicarpalis, kind of anemone shrimp.

i would never get any sump maintenance done if I had to drain my main tank and actually lift it up every time. Cool idea but, at least for me, seems like a lot of unnecessary added work when performing routine maintenance. some people have the time though or maybe I am just lazy. cool concept overall.

just put that thing on some hydraulic lifts... you'll get the extra bling bling factor going and wont have to stress corals by removing water from display each time ;)

I'm in love with the design of this! Very cool. I wanted to do something like this in the near future and you pretty much make me want to do it more. Thanx.:D

-Chris-

Back