60Lx45Wx20H (cm) Flat Nano

yeah remove the glass in the bottom of the sump in the centre chamber...put in a hydraulic cylinder then get a piece of 1/4" steel to the exact size of the tank...make sure she is level and there you have it up and down at teh flick of a switch..and easy...WEEKLY maintenance..

i like the look of the top down tank...but like mentioned the work involved in weekly maintenace will make it too much of a chore...i see your future including a small cabinet that lifts the tank off the sump by 10-12"..

very original though..

I am not propogate coral in this tank. The tank is for curing and back up. But I do put some corals in.

Here's the new photos

Derasa.
derasa.jpg

White yuma
whiteyuma.jpg

Green bubble mushroom.
geenbubbledisco.jpg

I'm always amazed by the unusual stuff available in Asia that we could (1) not get here in the States or (2) Pay hundreds of $$ for. Very nice tank.

Could you give some detailed info about lighting used in this tank?
Also, maybe it's time for a small photo-update? :)

Wow, what stunning clams! The dancing shrimp, is it a harlequin? Good luck with your aquarium.

This tank is working very well but not easy for aquascaping. So I leave the tank as a propergation tank. Nothing special for shot.

It's been long time that I did not update this thread. The tank has been changed a lot. I put lots of sps in. Here's the updated pictures.

flatFTS080128.jpg

Carduus
carduus_micro.jpg

Cardenae
cardenae_micro.jpg

Tenuis
tenuis_micro.jpg

Spumosa
spumosa_micro.jpg

Verweyi
verweyi_topdown_micro.jpg

Getting deep yellow millepora
yemillepora_micro.jpg

Another amazing tank! Everything looks great as with your other tank. Both are wonderful, best of luck!

Back