Anyone else hate the new RC?

You should have something called an "Album" on your left hand side of your control panel You can upload pics to that now. It's really nice because it automatically resizes the pictures for you and it automatically generates the IMG tags too.

:eek:ops, this is currently only available to Premium Members: Sorry!

See my steaks searing on my Egg over the summer :D

picture.php

SO when will normal members get this function?

I find it generic, but easy to read. So thats good.

and it certainly seems to be running smoother.... and thats REALLY good.

You should have something called an "Album" on your left hand side of your control panel You can upload pics to that now. It's really nice because it automatically resizes the pictures for you and it automatically generates the IMG tags too.

:eek:ops, this is currently only available to Premium Members: Sorry!

See my steaks searing on my Egg over the summer :D

picture.php

Nice Egg. Looks just like mine. :spin2:

004-1.jpg

Also, I dig the updates.

LOL that buyer was me, and I also completely lost you. Sorry about that :( I ended up going with someone who was able to ship anyway as my contacts near you weren't too thrilled about "meeting a stranger to get an item". Parents... Anyway, my apologies and best of luck.

That said, aside from that hickup I have had no problems with RC other than it being a little sluggish here and there. I also don't see a way to search a thread?

The format reminds me of another forum. I guess any change takes a little getting used to. I am sure I will adjust. I have to say that it is way fasterer. :D

I like the new look and updated software. I for one am happy that the color scheme remained the same. Oh and thanks for not adding an option for signatures.

I like it! :thumbsup:

Excellent job on the update process. Being a web developer, I know how difficult it can be to migrate databases and update software, let alone to do so on a site of this size with this many users. And from the reasons cited by RC team members, it absolutely had to be done. The analogies to windows 3.1 and 95 made me shudder. Of course, I remember DOS...

I like that emails about new postings include the text of the new posting. That can seriously lighten server loads as one has a choice of whether to call up the site or not to view the posting. And the "tooltip" text snippets of a posting when hovering over its link are a convenience.

The site feels faster to me. Yeah, the old site look was like a comfy tshirt but this will feel that way soon. Well done!

OK, but how do I actually track them? It says I don't currently have any messages tracked, but I have sent emails since the upgrade, and they don't show up. :(

Interesting, not sure. Mine shows lots of PM's and when people read them.
I'll poke around and see.

Back