Anyone found MagFlake in Pgh area?

raynist

In the Chem forum Randy talks about a modified 2 part additive for calcium and alk. In this recipe he says to use Magflake. I have not been able to find it in Pgh. It can be ordered, but would be about $50 - $60 for 50lbs. I would order it if I can find a couple of people to split it with. It is not added very often, so 50lbs should last serveral people for a year.

Here is the article:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/index.php

Let me know if anyone is interested.

--Ray

Check with Sagi in the CSea forum, I believe he already has what you are looking for and is trying to find iterested peeps tp split it up.

I just called the company. Total cost delivered for 50lbs will be $37. I may order it this week. Email me if you are interested in splitting this.

--Ray

Whatever it takes ray. I don't think I will ever use that mutch, but I think the only fair way is to split the cost, that is unless you want to be stuck with 3/4 of a bag and 3/4 of the cost.

I would hope that a few others here would be willing to share the buy... if not oh well.

I'm actually in the chambersburg area this weekend, and I am going to see if I can find some at the local stores. If I find it I'll bring back a few bags.

-J

Nope, Couldn't find any... Though I didn't get a chance to hit the feed store.

I did see that there is a mag pelet product made in the Roadrunner brand, but I couldn't find any info on it. I'll do some research.

-J

I am willing to order this tomorrow, who is in?

$37 total, we will split the cost and the magflake evenly.

--Ray

Ordered it today, should be here the beginning of next week. If anyone wants some let me know at the meeting tomorrow. I will be the one recording the meeting.

--Ray

speaking of recording... did you get the last meeting mastered or edited yet? If you need some help let me know, and we can get it cut down and tossed on a DVD. The website also has a TON of storage and we may be able to devise a plan to put some decent WMV or MPGs up at some later date. Maybe 2-3 min clips of techniques for different corals.

I did put it on a dvd, but I didn't do any editing as I haven't had much time. I am going to bring it tonight.

The Mag Flake should arrive today. I know Bean is already in, if anyone else is interested, please let me know.

--Ray

Back