anyone tried to using Jebo WP40?

You can't run the power directly to the pump.

The pump is designed for 10v DC the PS will put out 24v DC.

Make sure there is power coming out of the PS. (should be 24v).
I know you said you tried 2 different PS.

This is a WP-40 so there should be a green light on the PS if it is working properly.
The controller should light up if working properly.
Where are you losing current?

You can check the power coming out of the controller (If it's making it that far).

Also try contacting the place of purchase and see what they will do. Fish Street has been pretty good about replacements if needed.

Good luck.

The PS lights up, the controller lights up, but the pump doesn't spin. I measured the voltage of the PS with a multimeter and got 25.8V, so the PS is putting out the correct voltage. From the controller, I get 25.7V out and 5.2V out (I'm assuming this is the signal controlling the pump output. It was set on H mode. This voltage was fluctuating when it was in else mode which makes sense.) So, I'm pretty sure it's the pump that is broken.

I bought it from fishstreet, so I will email them to see if the cost of replacing the pump alone is worth it. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

The PS lights up, the controller lights up, but the pump doesn't spin. I measured the voltage of the PS with a multimeter and got 25.8V, so the PS is putting out the correct voltage. From the controller, I get 25.7V out and 5.2V out (I'm assuming this is the signal controlling the pump output. It was set on H mode. This voltage was fluctuating when it was in else mode which makes sense.) So, I'm pretty sure it's the pump that is broken.

I bought it from fishstreet, so I will email them to see if the cost of replacing the pump alone is worth it. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

See if the pump is on too tight, you may need to loosen the grill

See if the pump is on too tight, you may need to loosen the grill

Yeah, I took the pump apart to see if there was something preventing the prop from spinning, but there was nothing. Even plugged everything in with the prop in the pump with no grill on it. All it did was twitch once. No amount of coaxing would get it to spin at all. No hesitancy to spin, just one dead pump.

Skinnysloth, it sure does sound like the pump. Did you take a good look at the bushings and impeller shaft to see how worn they are? If that's not it, I don't know what's left other than failed internal pump electronics. Did you try bumping the pump?

Got a reply from Eric at fishstreet regarding a replacement pump. He said that it'll cost $25 total, shipping included, to replace the pump. I'm glad I bought my pump from fishstreet.

So one WP 40 and one WP 25 for a standard 90? I'm guessing two can't be run with a single controller.

If you don't want to rely on the flimsy light sensor I'm guessing it can't be programmed to just throttle down at a certain time of the day...

It can with your Apex or a Reef Angel and an interface cable. :)

Brandon

I've Bern ignoring this but I'll bite. I don't suppose it's as simple as splicing the stock controller cable to fit an apex controller (because I'm not capable of much more than that), ha

It kind of is that simple, but get the Reef Angel cable, replace the end that would connect to the Reef Angel with a RJ-45 (apex) end and then program the Apex to control it.

There is a tutorial on a "Big Apple" forum.
Search for WP-40 controlled by an Apex and it is the 2nd or 3rd return.

That's actually do-able. It also occurred to me that I could just put a WP40 on one end WP25 on the other, run them both in ELSE mode and just use the outlets on the apex to program combinations of just the 25, just the 40, both or neither.......

That's actually do-able. It also occurred to me that I could just put a WP40 on one end WP25 on the other, run them both in ELSE mode and just use the outlets on the apex to program combinations of just the 25, just the 40, both or neither.......

Yes that would work too.

Well it finally happened. After about 9 months of flawless performance, my WP40 stopped working today. About 7 months were used in else mode on the stock power supply. I tried a different power supply and same results. I can see the propeller twitch when power was supplied, but nothing else. Open the pump to make sure there was nothing preventing the prop from spinning and tried the pump again with no success.

Oh well, the experiment is over and now I'm back to my old Tunze 6025s.

glad it worked out

Last edited:
Got a reply from Eric at fishstreet regarding a replacement pump. He said that it'll cost $25 total, shipping included, to replace the pump. I'm glad I bought my pump from fishstreet.

the only thing you should be paying for is shipping. im glad it worked out

Skinnysloth, it sure does sound like the pump. Did you take a good look at the bushings and impeller shaft to see how worn they are? If that's not it, I don't know what's left other than failed internal pump electronics. Did you try bumping the pump?

Skinnysloth,

One other thing that would be great if you try before getting your replacement is hooking it up with out the 5v controll signal. if the internals are anything like a 4wire PC fan (might not be) then it should kick on a full power. it sounds like the pwm circuit may just be fried and defaulting to off when powered up. It twitches but then power is cut to the pump motor when the pwm circuit engages?

Though it could be the opposite of a PC fan and instead of defaulting to full power with out a pwm signal it may be designed to fail off (which actually might be a good thing if you were running it dialed back a ways when it fails)

Just a theory and for informational purposes in the event someone else has a similar failure and are not so lucky to get an affordable replacement.

Well it finally happened. After about 9 months of flawless performance, my WP40 stopped working today. About 7 months were used in else mode on the stock power supply. I tried a different power supply and same results. I can see the propeller twitch when power was supplied, but nothing else. Open the pump to make sure there was nothing preventing the prop from spinning and tried the pump again with no success.

Oh well, the experiment is over and now I'm back to my old Tunze 6025s.

Did you use any other power supplies that could have contributed to extra wear on the motor. I know earlier in this thread many people were using reduced voltages and dimmers. You said that you were using the stock power supply for 7 months out of the 9 you have had it. What were you using for the other 2 months?

Got mine today.

Works as advertised, would definately slosh the water out of my standard 90g on high with pulses at medium if i had it high enough in the tank. Its not too much for a 90g as some have said though. Its not quite enough for the far end if you ask me. I have an MP25 coming tomorrow for the far end and im anticipating that will be perfect.

Noise? What noise?...my Kessil A150s make more noise than this pump. Night sensor seems to work fine as well (its facing AWAY from the tank so it wont get hith with the light from LEDS.

Back