anyone tried to using Jebo WP40?

Did you use any other power supplies that could have contributed to extra wear on the motor. I know earlier in this thread many people were using reduced voltages and dimmers. You said that you were using the stock power supply for 7 months out of the 9 you have had it. What were you using for the other 2 months?

I had it hooked up to an adjustable power supply running at 18 or 19v during about the first 2 months. It's been on the stock PS ever since.

Got my wp40 today. Wow this wavemaker is powerful. Trying to get it dialed in for my tank. So far running in reef mode with speed locked at 50%. I must say this is by far the most powerful wavemaker I have ever seen.

Mine always showed just sitting in San Francisco. It arrived in San Francisco on 9_16 and it got here today so roughly 3 days. And I am in tn

Got mine today! And you guys werent kidding. These things are so strong, was skeptical about running 1 wp 40 and 1 wp 25 on a 75, didn't think it would be enough but man I'm loving this. Anyone have any good ideas on how to find dead spots?

Well, hopefully they last a long time, the only other pump I would consider is Tunzes. Vortechs are a little out of my budget.

XSDBS;

People are using 24V power supplies, because that's the the 40 and 25 use.
Some are getting variable voltage power supplies to reduce the speed.
Running it at 100% on 12v is like running it at 50% on 24v.

You can reduce the voltage to the controller either with a dimmer or a variable voltage power supply.

shlap;

The three speeds S1, S2 & S3 only work on the W1 mode.
Also I have not seen anyone successfully controlling it with an RKL, beside just on and off.

Using the variable power supply, will it damage the unit? I know there was a post in another section of RC that people saying their unit stopped working. (not because of the variable, but they didn't state the reason.)

Using the variable power supply, will it damage the unit? I know there was a post in another section of RC that people saying their unit stopped working. (not because of the variable, but they didn't state the reason.)

Many of us have been running our WP40 and WP25 on variable power supply for months without any issue. If VPS can damage the unit you will have read massive failures reported here in RC. I am not saying VPS will not damage the unit. I think if you don't go below 12v it is generally safe.

I hooked mine up to a 24-12 volt led dimmer and after a week I now have one speed. On full throttle. The controller is hosed and I can't change the settings.

I hooked mine up to a 24-12 volt led dimmer and after a week I now have one speed. On full throttle. The controller is hosed and I can't change the settings.

Did you go back to the stock power supply and run your pump in ELSE mode? Is that still running in one constant speed? If no, it is your led dimmer that went bad, not your controller.

There have been a handle full of pump that have "Stopped Working".

None have been confirmed that is due to the use of a variable speed power supply.

Some have use a VPS some haven't.

Pumps go bad. I'm sure Tunze and Vortech have pumps that go bad too.

For the most part I think the Jebao pumps are pretty reliable and stable.

Jebao wont be able to design anything on their own. Jebao is a chinese company doesnt that tell you anything .....

Not for the price we paid for the pump. Wireless communication adds a new level of technology along with additional cost. If Jebao wants to become Tunze or Ecotech, they should continue to improve their products with new features and functionalities. If they just want to be mass producer of low cost products, we won't see further refinement.

Back