Apisto's Shallow Deep-waters

Everything looks great Neil. What do did you change to get the darker colors?

Probably a combination. I just put new bulbs in about a month ago. Also, for example, in the last pic of the Mr. Pacman, most of the inner body is now shaded by the colony above, so it is probably getting a more appropriate amount of light.

I switch around taking pics with different lights on, as well. The pics with one bank of T5s and the Reefbrites are usually show richer/darker colors. And of course the MH only lightens thing up.

Those are beautiful! Chris won't stop fragging my acros, so they never get really long and beautiful like that. He frags so much that none of my mother colonies are larger than a couple dozen heads.

Those are beautiful! Chris won't stop fragging my acros, so they never get really long and beautiful like that. He frags so much that none of my mother colonies are larger than a couple dozen heads.

Either take away his clippers or tell him to only frag at the shop and let John have at him:fun4:

Unfortunately, he is looking at getting his own griffon, so taking away his clippers may not be enough. Thankfully he cant frag fish, or I am sure he would be doing that too

Going through photobucket for a pic for another thread and came across a couple I should throw up here.

What is the name of that first one? Also what camera and lens do you use?

Hey Chris. That is the Ice Age granulosa. The area to the left of the pic is shaded by a stag and to the right is in pretty high light.

Nice looking! I might have missed it, how many fish do you have? Curious on your bio load

Nice to hear from you, Dwayne! I have 6 pretty good-sized fish in my little tank and I feed them about 5 to 7 times most days. Heavy nutrient additions and heavy nutrient export.

What is the name of that first one? Also what camera and lens do you use?
Oh sorry. Missed a part:hmm5::hmm5:
I use a Nikon 5100 and Tokina macro

Here is a couple of new additions. These shots came within 15 minutes of being in the tank and a half hour after dipping and acclimation. They look pretty good after a cross-country trip:beer:

Back