Are these wrasses avalible in the USA?

twist of lime

I found some cool wrasses but it only had their scientific names, no common names. I was wondering if any one new the "common names" or if these wrasses or even avalible in the United States?

Dotalabrus aurantia
Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus
Cirrhilabrus cf Lanceolatus
Cirrhilabrus lunatus
Cirrhilabrus temminckii

Also agree with above. I might not be from USA but i occassionally look at DD and some of the other online fish stores. The ones that i think arent available in USA or all of North America is probably Cirrhilabrus cf Lanceolatus and Dotalabrus aurantia. However im not sure.

I have yet to see Cirrhilabrus cf Lanceolatus in the states. Very often C. rosefacia is miss labeled as C.lanceolatus.

Bear in mind, "Cirrhilabrus cf lanceolatus" isnt even an identified species. The "cf" stands for "confer". Taxonomists use this to say "it looks like".

Bear in mind, "Cirrhilabrus cf lanceolatus" isnt even an identified species. The "cf" stands for "confer".
Thanks for the information (seriously), I thought it was latin, for SIR LANCELOT! (not so serious) :spin3:

Bear in mind, "Cirrhilabrus cf lanceolatus" isnt even an identified species. The "cf" stands for "confer". Taxonomists use this to say "it looks like".

Ok, I was wondering what that ment. Unfortunently thats my favorite one :( It's good to hear that most of these are avalible though.

I have never seen the Lunatus, although its on my dream list along with Earli. The Cirrhilabrus cf Lanceolatus has been available a couple times a few of us here have them, also call a Splendid Wrasse. One of my favorites. Here is mine, although snorvich has one of the best ones I have ever seen.

Attachments

• Tulsa 012.JPG
    Tulsa 012.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 0

Yes, correct. My brain skipped the "cf." Those have trickled in. I still have yet to see a C. lanceolatus.

I have yet to see Cirrhilabrus cf Lanceolatus in the states. Very often C. rosefacia is miss labeled as C.lanceolatus.

Cirrhilabrus cf Lanceolatus is NOT C. lanceolatus. cf essentially means "similar to" and in this case refers to what is commonly called a "Pintail Wrasse". I have a pair plus a male; they are rarely available in the USA. C. rosefacia is similar to C. lanceolatus except for a black spot on the pectoral fins.

Cirrhilabrus cf Lanceolatus is NOT C. lanceolatus. cf essentially means "similar to" and in this case refers to what is commonly called a "Pintail Wrasse". I have a pair plus a male; they are rarely available in the USA. C. rosefacia is similar to C. lanceolatus except for a black spot on the pectoral fins.

Yeah, like I said I caught that after I replied. And one has the dot posterior and the other anterior.

Back