ASM Skimmer Club!

I think the specifications some vendors give is wrong for some reason. Keep checking the internet for info. I remember reading some posted ASM specs are off.

For you volume and bio-load, you probably need something bigger than a G1x.

I recently got hold of a G3 good lord this thing is huge.... I have one question right now.... How do I stop it from automatically overflowing when I turn it on.... Talk about powerful...

Post a pic of it, there are a few different configurations of it. If completely stock the riser pipe should be pushed all the way down.

Post a pic of it, there are a few different configurations of it. If completely stock the riser pipe should be pushed all the way down.

Outside of the gate valve mod (which is wide open because if I restrict the flow any it overflows even faster) it is stock with the riser all the way down...

Could it be a priming issue?

It may be too deep, not positive on that. Post up some pics when you get home, I am sure we will figure it out. Have you used any under water epoxy in the tank lately or any other water conditioners? They can make a skimmer go nuts.

It may be too deep, not positive on that. Post up some pics when you get home, I am sure we will figure it out. Have you used any under water epoxy in the tank lately or any other water conditioners? They can make a skimmer go nuts.

No dosing before or after. Nothing added to the tank recently outside of a few pieces of coral

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

7-10 and it usually works better towards the 7" end of the scale. I am guessing this is not a recirculating setup but a single pass?

For the feed pump, it depends on the display size, for my 110 and about 120 gallons of twv I use an Eheim 1250 but have used several different feed pumps over the years. I am also assuming the main pump on yours is a Sedra KSP5000?

Back