AV99's custom 600g Reef Savvy on site build-Lots of pictures

Up Next a visit to the Newport Aquarium with Reef Savvy

After the armored seams were installed in November of 2016, I treated Felix of Reef Savvy and Chris Benner of Sticks N Stones to trip the Newport Aquarium. Chris built my stand for the 600g Reef Savvy tank onsite a while back.

Downtown Cincinnati and Newport Aquarium pictures

newport1.jpg

newport2.jpg

newport6.jpg

newport8.jpg

newport9.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment and glad to share my build with you. Stay tuned. I am really just getting started. :thumbsup:

I can't believe how much 'big stuff' you need to run such a tank but fascinating watching your build and beyond my knowledge by light years!

Keep up the photos as great to see it all coming together

Best wishes

All the good stuff will eventually end up in the new display. I will see what I can do about posting a few more pictures of the grow-out system....I have a nice sponge collection in the sump too. :thumbsup:

While the build is coming along really nicely, being the nerd that I am - may I request a more in-depth tour of your current holding tanks? Would love to see more of that!

Last edited:
Thanks so much, Mark. Always a pleasure sharing my little piece of the reef with you. Looking forward to seeing the progression on your new reef project too! :thumbsup:

Looking good Tim! Awesome project. Really enjoying seeing the details. Great stuff!

Nice tank, and photos. Question or comment I guess. Co2 bottle - are you able to secure it at all? Would hate to have something crazy happen via mother nature or an oops moment and have it take off like a bottle rocket. I've witnessed a few in a couple safety inspections or incidents I've responded to back in my military days. Military intelligence, right? ...

Just wanted to say that this build thread is awesome, and I thank you for sharing this with us. This is one of those builds and set ups that many of us can only dream of, so it's great to live this vicariously through you. Looking forward to more updates!

Sounds like an insurance claim if it happens. In my area, we are required to have those Co2 tanks tested and certified every five years by a state licensed fire protection facility pursuant to state law. So I assume it is safe and passed all inspections. But crazy things can happen. My house was struck by lightning last Summer.

Nice tank, and photos. Question or comment I guess. Co2 bottle - are you able to secure it at all? Would hate to have something crazy happen via mother nature or an oops moment and have it take off like a bottle rocket.

Thank you so very much for the amazing compliment, Reef Dude.:thumbsup:
I sincerely appreciate the kind words and am honored to have you follow my journey.

Just wanted to say that this build thread is awesome, and I thank you for sharing this with us. This is one of those builds and set ups that many of us can only dream of, so it's great to live this vicariously through you. Looking forward to more updates!

Up Next: Custom External Overflow installation

Reef Savvy and crew visited my home again during the holidays (arrived Christmas Day 2016 and departed New Year's Day Jan. 1 2017) to install the custom external overflow. Be sure to check out the amazing time lapsed video of this visit as well. :thumbsup:

asd1unnamedzpsimpzkv.jpeg

xxx1.jpeg

AAAAA153910311154606.jpeg

wwwwAAAA154920661154.jpeg

aaadddd1542096011546.jpeg

aaaadddd155902751154.jpeg

Last edited:
Next up is the time lapsed video .... Enjoy! And in the holiday spirit, Felix and family enjoyed the cold weather ... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
While the build is coming along really nicely, being the nerd that I am - may I request a more in-depth tour of your current holding tanks? Would love to see more of that!

+1. I have to say that really gives one an appreciation of the scope and scale of your project!

Absolutely beautiful! My dream and in the near future making is a 96x36x30, so I will be watching yours very closely and absorbing anything I can! My last was a 180g so this will be quite larger. I know we cant wait to see it with water, so I would imagine how excited you must be. Congrats!

Back