Bean's 300 Gallon AGE Build

BeanMachine

I have officially ordered myself a brand new custom AGE tank and stand. The tank will be displayed at Reef-A-Palooza on November 19th & 20th. I have never owned a tank of this size, so I am excited for my next reefing adventure.

I am always welcome to suggestions.

Tank- 72 L x 36 W x 27 T- 300 Gallons
- 3/4" Starfire on all 3 Sides
-Steel Perimeter Bracing Top and Bottom; Upgraded to 2" (trim)
-Powder Coated Gray (Tank Trim and Stand)
-Black Back; Black Silicone

Overflows- 2 x Synergy Shadow Boxes- 16" (Rated at 1500 gph each.)

Steel Stand- Powder Coated Gray; Extension added for External Plumbing. So basically the stand will be 42" Wide rather than 36" Wide. **Drawing to come later.

Sump- TBD

Flow-

2 x Ecotech Vectra M1's plumbed into 3 x Multi Swirls. I am not sure on the configuration, but probably 2 x Multis on one pump, and 1 x Multi and a Manifold on the other.

**I am not sure on the additonal flow; but I do have 3 x MP40 QDs I can use in the beginning from my previous tank.

Light-

As of right now, a 60" 10 Lamp ATI Powermodule with Reef Brite.

Skimmer-

AquaMaxx C0-5

great choice going black. I think it looks much cleaner. I didn't like the AGE tank at MACNA as much due to its whiteish over all color

I have a similar dimension 72X36X20 made by Miracle and similar ATI fixture with LED stripe. I am setting it up right now and still figuring things out properly.

I have a similar dimension 72X36X20 made by Miracle and similar ATI fixture with LED stripe. I am setting it up right now and still figuring things out properly.

Awesome! We should exchange ideas... feel free to chime in during my build. I would love to go all LED but I can't afford that right now.

With this volume, what is your approach going over water change? I am planning to have my system auto recycle from 3-5 gals per day.

With this volume, what is your approach going over water change? I am planning to have my system auto recycle from 3-5 gals per day.

Fancy! I'm honeslty not really sure. I think it all depends on your bioload etc. but in the past I've done about 15% water changes twice per month.

Maybe some day I'll go the Auto Water Change route. I've got a lot to do and buy before that time comes though.

I would just get someone else to do the steel stand. Their steel stand is not up to par with their tank. I know you might lose your warranty, but it might be worth it. :)

Excited for you Cody. I am glad mine is finally up and running. Lucky for you there has been a lot of new AGE tanks in our area and you can learn a lot from seeing everyone's set up prior to you getting the tank. I am in the process of my light rack now but so happy it has water in it now.

Congratulations Cody. That's going to be a awesome build. Let me know when your ready and I'll hook up with some frags

Awesome dude. Can't wait to see the tank all setup. Gunna be a beast.

Good idea going with T5s. Any particular reason your going with 2 different pumps? How much flow do you think you will need? Personally, I would rather have 1 return pump over 2. Check flow and watts compared to the Ecotech pumps your looking at, you might be surprised.

I bought my tank with the steel stand, but I decided not to take the stand since I prefer wood. Let me check to see if the guy still have it. If so, you can have it for free. Stand by.

I bought my tank with the steel stand, but I decided not to take the stand since I prefer wood. Let me check to see if the guy still have it. If so, you can have it for free. Stand by.

Wow that is very very nice of you. Thank you so much for the offer. Its just too late as I've already placed the order for both the tank and stand.

The stand will be a little different than standard. Its going to be 6 inches wider than the tank, so the stand will extend 6 inches past the back of the tank. There will be 6 legs, 4 supporting the tank, and the other 2 supporting the extension piece. I'll be able to place the sump directly under the external plumbing.

The steel will be larger than 1".

We are still working out the details on that.

Awesome dude. Can't wait to see the tank all setup. Gunna be a beast.

Good idea going with T5s. Any particular reason your going with 2 different pumps? How much flow do you think you will need? Personally, I would rather have 1 return pump over 2. Check flow and watts compared to the Ecotech pumps your looking at, you might be surprised.

T5's just for now. A friend is hooking me up with the fixture. :bounce2::bounce2: My last 120 gallon had great success using the old school ATI Powermodule with Reef Brite combo. I would like to go all LED eventually.

As for the return pumps, redundancy mainly. I like the idea if one happens to go out for whatever reason, my tank will still be circulating through the sump. They won't be run at the full speed / wattage.

I've already got the M1s and am excited to play with them.

Back