Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so let's bring this thread back on topic. Do you think that underwater camera will survive a dip into BK nog?? :D

Could a group buy include a Canadian?

I'm looking at buying a supermarin 200 at the end of April but if I could get a cheaper price I could be talked into a sm 250 :D

I'm in!:D
162104mini-IMG_0262.JPG
162104mini-IMG_0265.JPG
162104mini-IMG_0260.JPG

[Originally posted by tbone28
Look at that list...no love for the SM's. lol! I'll got start my own thread....BK SUPERMARIN skimmer club

UPDATED:

1. Jim_S - Deluxe 250 External

2. kenargo - Deluxe 300 Internal

3. triunfo - Mini 180 or Deluxe 200 Internal or External???

4. Graf-X - Supermarin 200 or 250 Internal

5. Too Fly - Deluxe 250 or 300 Internal

6. BradR - Deluxe 250 or 300 Internal or External???

7. Los - Deluxe 300 Internal

8. Old Timer - Deluxe 250 or 300 External

9. cbui2 - Deluxe 300 External

10. Alex1965 - Mini 180

Terry, I'll check Jarhead's thread in a few. Sick huh?

Paul [/B]

yeah, you guys are making me doubt my SM choice...hrrm - My new tank is a 115 g (40x30x22) w/ 35 g sump (total 150 g)... was originally thinking SM 200 but now am thinking either SM 250 or 200 deluxe internal...

what do you guys think?? would the SM 250 be too much skimmer? 200 deluxe a better overall proven choice?

Graf-X: The Deluxe is a proven choice because it's been out a while now, but the SM isn't too shabby either :) I think you should look at the SM200 or Deluxe 200, IMO

yeah, I was intrigued by the new SM design... mostly I think because it is a “new” design and incorporates the cone. I think ill stick with the SM esp after see your nog action :)

SM 200 seems like the best "size" for my tank however I would hate to regret not going with the 250,..

Sorry bout that triunfo. I thought you were just being vague. ;) So that's West New York, NJ 07093.

marie, I'm not sure about the shipping situation to Canada. I should know by tomorrow. You're actually the second Canadian on the list.

UPDATED:

1. Jim_S - Deluxe 250 External

2. kenargo - Deluxe 300 Internal

3. triunfo - Mini 180 or Deluxe 200 Internal

4. Graf-X - Supermarin 200 or 250 Internal

5. Too Fly - Deluxe 250 or 300 Internal

6. BradR - Deluxe 250 or 300 Internal or External???

7. Los - Deluxe 300 Internal

8. Old Timer - Deluxe 250 or 300 External

9. cbui2 - Deluxe 300 External

10. Alex1965 - Mini 180

11. Phanman1 - Mini 200 or Supermarin 200 Internal

12. marie - Supermarin 200 or 250 Internal

OK. So I spoke to a dealer today and he will offer:

- 10% off the skimmer price

- FREE shipping, and

- 5% off future purchases with buying your skimmer and signing-up via his online store

Sounds pretty good to me guys. In order to get this deal, we must have a minimum of five (5) buyers participating in this group buy. I should have prices tomorrow. I'll ask about the shipping situation to Canada as well. Thoughts?

Paul

I think you should ask for 15%. Can you say which dealer? If not, PM me. Dude, get me on this 5% off list. I'm indirectly involved. :D

The 5% discount would depend on the dealer, I guess, and what they offer. if they don't have anything worth buying, I think you should take more off upfront. Regardless, shoot for min. 15% off. Tell him you've get at least 10 verified buyers, NOT 5 :)

Graf-X - you could get away with a 250 if you have a big bioload and feed real heavy!!! Otherwise, the 200 is the way to go.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12223487#post12223487 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
I think you should take more off upfront. Regardless, shoot for min. 15% off. Tell him you've get at least 10 verified buyers, NOT 5 :)

yeah, I agree with the upfront approach -

We have 10+ skimmers here (20k order!!!!!)... I've seen reefclubs get 15-20% discounts over the years...

Agree with Graf-X, Paul. I think the dealer threw out 10% as a starting point for negotiations to give him room.

I would have to see actual prices but I think I would need an absolute minimum of 15% off because I'm looking at having to pay duty to ship to Canada :(

12 for group buy and only offer 10%, thats weak. we need to find another dealer. i got a lot better deal for all my deltec equipment. we should go see ATB and check him out, hes always here :D. if someone came to me with that huge list of serious buyer, i would offer at least 15% or more. of course the higher retail the more markup is involved, i know for sure they make at least 20-30% profit easy for most aquarium dry goods, and corals and live fishes are 100% markup. i'm know for sure on livestock as i pay half off or more what internet prices are.

don't forgot that it included free shipping... shipping on these huge skimmers isn't cheap either. I think my friend paid 130 for shipping on his 300 external.

tbone, i took my fuge out, got sick of chaeto getting stuck in my return and skimmer pump.

victor, i setup my reactor probably towards the end of january.

I agree. 20% discount + free shipping should be the goal.

Yinger - how is your chaeto getting out of your fuge? Mine stays put. My nitrates were hovering around 20 before my chaeto started taking off. They're always zero now.

i need to borrow your hanna meter tbone, 20% with free shipping is not that bad of a deal :D

There are still several other dealers to check with.

Well I'm the guy talking to the dealers. So if you guys are telling me to ask for 20% plus FREE shipping, then that's what I'll do. :cool: If we can get in the vicinity of 20% off retail plus free shipping, how many are DEFINITELY in? My guess is we'll need more than five.

Bart - hanna is yours. you can pick it up when you drop off my new underwater camera :D

I agree with Paul. the 20% off plus free shipping would need 10+ "for sure" buyers. You guys might want to show some hands if you're "IN" at that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back