Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12287943#post12287943 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KMP
Too Fly - sent you an email.

Sorry KMP. I don't think I received an e-mail from you.

Paul

I got my 200 supermarin running late last night, its already got a bit of brown slime on the top of the cup.
I am happy with it so far.

1 question, should i adjust the water level to the bottom of the collection cup or halfway up do you think?
It's a new tank with only frags in it right now so I'm not sure where to set it for now.

I left my camera in my truck and its not at home so tonight when i pick it up i'll get a shot of it to make this post interesting :D

C

reefkoi, I set up my SM to the bottom of the cup when breaking in. As other BK owners advised me, once it breaks in, the foam head will climb up the neck quickly.

Yes, we need those pics!! :)

Hi Paul,

Were you ever told the ETA of the first shipment of BubbleKings? I know it's a first-come first-served deal, but just curious how many days or weeks out we are from the arrival of initial shipment.

ok cool I'll go lower it some then.
I'll get pics late tonight when I move it from in the tank (ghetto to get it running last night) into the new sump later today.
C

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12290496#post12290496 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Canarygirl
Hi Paul,

Were you ever told the ETA of the first shipment of BubbleKings? I know it's a first-come first-served deal, but just curious how many days or weeks out we are from the arrival of initial shipment.

Canarygirl, I just sent you an e-mail.

Thanks,
Paul

I'm in @ 20% off, and free shipping. Shipped to 55114...a business adress.

What would you guys recommend for a 120 - heavy SPS - med livestock load - bare bottom. I'm thinking either the 180 mini, or the 200 mini.

Pleae LMK what I need to do.

Thanks again for doing all the leg work.

Dave

I'm in @ 20% off, and free shipping. Shipped to 55114...a business address.

What would you guys recommend for a 120 - heavy SPS - med livestock load - bare bottom. I'm thinking either the 180 mini, or the 200 mini.

Please LMK what I need to do.

Thanks again for doing all the leg work.

Dave

Last edited:
Hey there - BK sizing question for the experts.

My tank will be 250g display, 125g sump (375g system).

All SPS high flow bare bottom. Decent fish load.

Planning to go external.

Deluxe 200? 250? or 300?

Thanks for any help!

-tE

just a curiosity question...how many people are in on the group buy at this point? I kinda liked the daily updates :D

Official Post to bring this thread back on topic!

Official Post to bring this thread back on topic!

OK, I think it's about time to end all discussion of any group buy. Let's just talk BK skimmer :)

I sure would like to see other owner's Nog pics. Seems like I'm just looking at mine all the time :p

Anyway, so you all know that I'm tinkering with skimmer settings. I haven't changed anything since the last pic (wet skim/intake nozzle opened 2 revolutions). But I did want to see how it would skim with a dirty neck. I basically just emptied the cup without cleaning it, and this is the result (4 days worth of nog)

DSCN3338.jpg

What it looked like before I emptied the cup

DSCN3292.jpg

for the purpose of designing a sump is the actual dimension of the BK 250 deluxe baseplate + whatever else sticks out, 28 x 45 cm (11.02" x 17.72")? And which side does the outflow come out on the right or the left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back