Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12267414#post12267414 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Oldtimer
TOO FLY - When was your home built? I still have my original incenerator in the wall of my basement. No longer functioning since the previous homeowner upgraded to forced air 25 years ago, but it's still there in the wall. My home was built in '37. Gotta love the character of old homes. I know New England has a few gems!

Our home was built in 1926. We love the house and the neighborhood is ok too. I agree now, but I didn't at first, that old homes have a lot of character. Ours has five entryways to the house and another 29 doors, minus the basement, IIRC. Only two of them have knobs, which was weird getting used to. The rest have original brass handles or an antique brass handle and latch system. I really appreciate stuff like that now. We've also got a ton of plants and trees that I have NO IDEA how to take care of. It's pretty daunting and knowing that I've killed a few doesn't help. :( The landscape architect called me a few years back and offered to take them off my hands. :rolleyes: But she didn't want to pay for them. Maybe I should've let her take the delicate stuff. But what did I know.

I like this pic from two winters ago:

PC100394.jpg

Very nice place. My wife and I both love old homes. We live in a neighborhood that's preserved the old charm. A lot of residents are drawn here for that reason. Of course, old charm brings it share of quirks too, but it's all worth it. Now, we just modernize it with things like rimless reef aquariums and Bubble Kings Skimmers. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12271414#post12271414 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Oldtimer
Very nice place. My wife and I both love old homes. We live in a neighborhood that's preserved the old charm. A lot of residents are drawn here for that reason. Of course, old charm brings it share of quirks too, but it's all worth it. Now, we just modernize it with things like rimless reef aquariums and Bubble Kings Skimmers. :)

Right, and super bright halide lighting. Those wrap-around Close Encounters of the Third Kind shades will probably be a hit in my neighborhood... at night. :lol: Oh, I'm kidding.

Speaking of quirks, I've got the senior citizen patrol in my area. It's nothing official. But everytime I leave my house I feel the eyes on me. :lol: The good thing about it is that break-ins are few and far between due to the nosey folks. Plus the cops are always cruising the area.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12271450#post12271450 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Oldtimer
So, yours must be twice the size and you didn't want to make us feel bad. :lol:

No thanks. This one is more than enough. :eek:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12271546#post12271546 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cbui2
:D

Well, sometimes I wish it were (when the mortgage bill shows up).
huh1.gif
But once it's paid every month, I'd like it back. :D

I want to join the BK buy but I'm having a hard time making up my mind on which one to get. My total system is about 300 gallons. If you do add up internal dimensions and are more precise it is probably closer to 270. I called Aquarium Specialty and asked Scott what he recommeneded. He said the Supermarin 200 should be fine. He said BK doesn't over estimate how much their skimmers can skim. With such a large purchase I would hate to get the wrong one though. Do you guys think the Supermarin 250 would be better?

thorsen - what are your stocking plans? A tank volume of 270g would lead me to say go with a sm250, but it all depends on your bioload.

I run an SM250 on a220g total volume tank, but I have a bunch of tangs and feed very heavy

Calling ALL CURRENT BK owners!!!

Calling ALL CURRENT BK owners!!!

anyone else (besides me) want to post a nog shot (or video) to satisfy my dirty cravings? :D

Wow, down to the fourth page? That must be a first. I agree with Tbone, let's have some nog pics. :D

I'm very interested in seeing some SM200 pics.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12287079#post12287079 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Waxxiemann
Wow, down to the fourth page? That must be a first. I agree with Tbone, let's have some nog pics. :D

I'm very interested in seeing some SM200 pics.

Im your man just as soon I get this tank up and full of LR. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back