Bubble- Magus skimmer has arrived

GUILLO1

I just picked up my Bubble-Magus skimmer from the post office. I'm very surprised that it was not damaged during shipping because the packaging was very poor. It came in a thin double cardboard box then the box was wrapped with the small bubble wrap. The bubble wrap was then wrapped with some paper. In my opinion it should be shipped on a bigger, thicker box and with lots of styro foam.

I've encountered my first problem right away. They sent me a voltage converter but its for a European 3 pin plug. Here is a link http://www.best-stuff.co.uk/mw_mw1p045fk_voltage_convertor.htm Not sure what I'll do now, probably going to have to buy another converter.

I'll post some pictures later on.

I found an adapter to plug the pump to the voltage converter and it didn't work. Not sure if it is the converter or just the pump that didn't work. So now I'm trying to find a pump that will replace the Atman PH-2500. Some said that it was the same as a Via Aqua pump. Is that for sure and which model number would it be?

I wouldn't say for sure they are the same but they are super similar. Like the sicce adn the quiet one similar.

I had planned on getting a magus and switching the pump out anyway. How is the build quality on the skimmer?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12000407#post12000407 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sirreal63
I had planned on getting a magus and switching the pump out anyway. How is the build quality on the skimmer?
That was my back up plan if the 220v wouldn't work here. Now I just have to find one that would work. Not really sure what to say about the quality because I've only owned an aqua ev 120 and a berlin. I would say that its good quality for the money, not to familiar with plastics. Over all craftsmanship is very good.

Here are some pictures

skimmer.jpg

skimmer011.jpg

skimmer008.jpg

skimmer007.jpg

skimmer006.jpg

skimmer005.jpg

skimmer004.jpg

skimmer003.jpg

skimmer002.jpg

Man, that is a VA pump to a tee. The problem is there is no 2500, there's a 2300 and a 2600, i still have the 2600, let me go check the wattage on it real quick. Yep, its the va2600, identical, 45w, just runs at 2600 on 120v. HTH If you need any measurements let me know. Or a pic

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11999897#post11999897 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GUILLO1
I found an adapter to plug the pump to the voltage converter and it didn't work. Not sure if it is the converter or just the pump that didn't work. So now I'm trying to find a pump that will replace the Atman PH-2500. Some said that it was the same as a Via Aqua pump. Is that for sure and which model number would it be?
Hey GUILLO1 I have a volt meter we can check if the converter is bad and start there. I think we live less then a mile apart
:rollface: I am home for the rest of the evening. Give me a call if you want.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12002152#post12002152 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by luke33
Man, that is a VA pump to a tee. The problem is there is no 2500, there's a 2300 and a 2600, i still have the 2600, let me go check the wattage on it real quick. Yep, its the va2600, identical, 45w, just runs at 2600 on 120v. HTH If you need any measurements let me know. Or a pic
Luke is the part that locks the impeller in place on your va2600 identical to my atman. It does not screw with thread. Can you post a picture please. Also where the water goes out it has a female thread about 3/4 in diameter. If it is the same as the va2600 I might buy one.

The ebayer who is in Hong kong just emailed me and told me that they sent me the wrong voltage converter or some adapter. He said he would ship me one out right away. Don't think it will do much since I already tried that adapter pictured above.

Guillo1, the va 2600 is that pump. Its identical in every way. I'll post a pic tomorrow, pm me if i don't have one up by 9pm. You pay the shipping and you can have the pump. It'll be my contribution....:D

I am throwing this back to the top because I am interested in the end result.

Luke--can you post your friends big square air skimmer in the "air skimmer" thread. I cant find the thread since the RC data base malfunction. TIA
PL

Back