Build almost complete!!

Htfdwhaler

Hello everyone, my build is almost complete!!

Before Picture about a few months ago...

After picture... I have come a long way.

Very nice, very similar to mine, what overflow did you go with, radions gen 3?, you will want 1 more mp40 for flow on the other side, do you have the reeflink, make programming the radions and vortechs a snap.

Before you get that filled up, is that a GFCI outlet? Also, is there ventilation for all the electronics?

Other than that, I have to say it looks fantastic. Wanna come over and fix up my wiring? :)

Love this build! compact and clean, with the exception of a few bar codes on the PVC screaming at me...LOL but that's just my OCD.

That's an awesome looking build man!

Thanks! It's been slow and steady, a little bit at a time. I am wayyyyyyy over budget already. lol..

Very nice, very similar to mine, what overflow did you go with, radions gen 3?, you will want 1 more mp40 for flow on the other side, do you have the reeflink, make programming the radions and vortechs a snap.

I went with this slim overflow I bought off ebay

they are gen 2 pro, I plan on buying gen 3 pro upgrade kit later down the road. I have the other MP40 runnnig on my 40 breeder now, and yes I have the reef link wouldn't do it any other way. LOL.

Nice job. What's the stock list look like?

It is going to be a SPS and wrasse dominant tank. I will be going shopping at your place soon. lol.. I also like anthias and tangs of course.

Looks great so far!

Thanks!

Before you get that filled up, is that a GFCI outlet? Also, is there ventilation for all the electronics?

Other than that, I have to say it looks fantastic. Wanna come over and fix up my wiring? :)

Yes, that was step one of the build.

As far as ventilation if you take a look at the sump area there is a big hole on the top left and right side so it will get air. I installed a pretty powerful fan that has built in thermostat that cranks up and down depending on the level of heat. It will push cool dry air in.

Is it enough? IDK.. lol. I can always install another one if need be.

Still need to clean up the wiring a little more after adding some last minute things. The amount of wires in reef is ridiculous. It helps having return pump with manifold beats having multiple pumps like my last set up.

Really nice looking build.

Thanks!

This is so sexxxyyyyyy! I love the planning and thought put into this, the LEDS underneath are a really nice touch.

Looking good man you should be proud!

Man thats a really good looking setup. Your attention to detail gives everyone an idea how the sps tank will look. Following for sure.

For someone with organization OCD like me this is beautiful haha
On another note, where did you get the leds to light up the sump?

Haha, it's awesome, maybe a Clorox wipe will get them out now that you can't look away from them...LOL

Yea, I do notice those things. I have OCD or perfectionist which ever you may want to call it.

That sounds like an easy fix. I may try that.

This is so sexxxyyyyyy! I love the planning and thought put into this, the LEDS underneath are a really nice touch.

Looking good man you should be proud!

Thanks! Yea the LED's are cool, customizable to any color. Cheap upgrade too, that makes huge difference aesthetics wise.

I am proud, a lot of time has gone into this build.

Looks great.

I believe a little mineral spirits will remove the pvc label.

Quick fix. I may try it.

Can always paint the plumbing.

I definitely considered that, but if I go back and redo every little thing I have a small issue with I will never finish this project. So I'm passed the painting phase. lol

Man thats a really good looking setup. Your attention to detail gives everyone an idea how the sps tank will look. Following for sure.

Thanks.. I have a build thread PM if interested.

Back