Build almost complete!!

A tip on the LED strip lights... Buy the right power supply. Also, if you plan on using them for a different application that requires more than 5 meters, for example as lighting for a room or patio, etc. you have to increase the power supply, also buy a controller that can handle the right power and it's best to wire more than one strip directly off the the controller and not in a series otherwise the ladder portion of the strip will be substantially dimmer.

I hooked my led strip to a magnetic switch, so that when I open the cabinet it lights up and when I close it, they turn off.

My salt came in.

I'm getting closer to finally getting water in the tank and testing. Just a few minor things here and there.

I have always used reef crystals but with this system I am going with Tropic Marin Pro Reef.

Some progress today...

First of all got my sand in today. I ordered 90 lbs total. 60 lbs of reef flakes and 30 lbs of mini flakes. Goal is to do light sand bed just for aesthetics only.

A local reefer hooked me up with the BRS netting I needed for the screen.. So got that done.

I drilled the hole for 1/4 tubing. I plan to hook up my RO system to my ATO reservoir, which has a float valve in it.

Some one pmed me and wanted pics of behind the tank.. Here ya go,..

I may do aqua scape this week.

Yup I wish one of the local retail stores carry it but nope

I used to buy that at faois ...they don't sell it anymore? Now I just use reef crystals .....but you could tell the difference in coloration on the corals for sure between the two salts....the tropic Marin would make the corals pop more

looks great, might want to cover/ make splash guard for the radion pwr supplies just in case.

Thanks, I need to look into that. Just my luck, my plumbing will start leaking everywhere and spray the pwr supplies with saltwater.

Yup I wish one of the local retail stores carry it but nope

I saw that marine warehouse carries it but it was overpriced. Cheapest is online, free delivery as well.

Nice to know LFS carries it, in case of emergency. Luckily I don't do water changes often. This stuff is expensive!

I used to buy that at faois ...they don't sell it anymore? Now I just use reef crystals .....but you could tell the difference in coloration on the corals for sure between the two salts....the tropic Marin would make the corals pop more

Yes, I have read that. I hope to get that result. Only time will tell.

Like I said though, this stuff is expensive. If I don't see improvements then I going back to Reef Crystals. LOL

your setup look good, with the light in the sump area, can you dim them?

Yes, they dim.

Getting closer!!

Here is 100 lbs of dry rock from ReefRocks.

I started playing around with the aqua scape. Here is a 2 island scape. I like it but not in love with it.

I may try a one island scape tomorrow.

Yay or nay???

Do you prefer 1 island or 2 island.

Back