Building my Dream: It's a Miracles!

Moving forward....
c27d1f17.jpg

f6f856c7.jpg

ebbedb46.jpg

I like your detailed drawing. I like to draw it out but had trouble finding scale size number.(ex 1"=1') I use goggle sketch now. My drawing are to full scale.

The contractor who built the stand drew this. If i tried, it would look like a first grader drew a box.

So far so good. I placed the guard in the sand and the nem, got himself out and reattached to rock. Will be interesting to see how tentacles grow back.

Quick update. Or is it more of a venting? Hobby can be very frustrating at times. Some recent failures are my own fault. For example, a 2 head frogspawn was recently knock over by my pincushion sea urchin. I did not recover it off the sandbed for several days and when i did found that it was resting on a zoa patch. Zoas won, fs died. Also, experiencing a aipstasia outbreak. My aipstasia eating filefish disappeared so i obtained 20 pepermint shrimp. I consistently only see one and always in the same spot, hiding. Thats not going to do much to help. On the positive note however, i have several lord acans that were nearly dead for many months- no flesh and now are completly healthy. Havent posted any pics cause dont like how tank is looking, needs alot of work to get coraline back, aipstasia gone and need to get rid of pulsing zenia due to speading. Will also be adding a 135 plumbed inline with the system. Not sure what i want to do with it. Octopus? Cuttlefish? Agressive tank?

Another positive-my 2 cleaner shrimp continue to constantly breed, along my 2 pajama cardinals. Not too often that i notice the pajamas as they do hide alot but i did just notice the male had a mouthful of eggs.

Last edited:
If i did catch them then what?
Would they continue to breed?
Would tank need sponge filter only?
What would i feed the fry?
Alot to learn. Sounds lije a challenge.

Tanks look great, where did you get the shallow fuge tank? Your not running all those tanks off your return pump are you? Is it all gravity feed back to the main sump?

Tanks look great, where did you get the shallow fuge tank? Your not running all those tanks off your return pump are you? Is it all gravity feed back to the main sump?

I obtained the shallow fuge tank used from my specialty coral shop, dirt cheap as it was just lying up against a wall as he couldnt use it.

No im not using the dolphin 4750 to run all the tanks, just as a reuturn to DT. I have a mag 9.5? In the lowest tank (55) to shoot water back to the 125. In the coming weeks i will be eliminating the mag and dropping the dolphin to the floor after adding a 135 and a 75 and replacing the 55 with a 150 tub. Will pist diagram.

Thanks for the sketch. Looks great. I am in the process of adding another tank and was considering using mag 3 or so to get it back to the sump. My return is also mounted about waist level on the sump table.

Noticed you don't have the mesh screen on your Vortechs, why is that? I had a beautiful green BTA crawl into one of mine before I put them on .... He didn't survive. Since putting the screens on no issues and I have 6 different nems now ... Just a thought ..

Back