Calistyle's 120G Peninsula Build

Cool, thanks for sharing. Did they give you advice for how to deal with the high and low readings?
I think most of our tanks are low on iodine. It can bind to organics and get removed by heavy skimming. I was having sps problems for years until I started dosing iodine every week. I have even added it to my top off water. I noticed a visible difference within a few days of adding it.

What's next for the water testing? Do you send another sample in a few months?

I need to prune a bunch of sps and will be around most of the weeend. Let me know if you want to throw some free stuff in your tank to see how it does before spending $.
Jeff

I want to closely monitor iodine and flirt with adding to top off water. I will send another sample in once I feel I have everything else dialed in.

I'm also investing in MindStream unit, coming Dec (at best).

"prune SPS" ahh the good 'ol days for me. thank you very much for offer, Jeff! I'm definitely interested, although I did just spent a little at vivid today.

After 6 months or so of Triton I did zero water changes. On my 120G system I was dosing 45ml of each part, daily.

I had to skim a little wetter than before to keep my salinity where I wanted it (1.025) and I grew chaeto like crazy. I also needed to run GFO or my PO4 would get a little higher.

That said, I just ordered another batch and did do a 15G water change.

After 6 months or so of Triton I did zero water changes. On my 120G system I was dosing 45ml of each part, daily.

I had to skim a little wetter than before to keep my salinity where I wanted it (1.025) and I grew chaeto like crazy. I also needed to run GFO or my PO4 would get a little higher.

That said, I just ordered another batch and did do a 15G water change.

How often are you sending in the water samples? Are you dosing any of the trace elements?

I've sent in 1 sample, test results a few posts up.

I dose 45ml of triton elementz, 15ml vinegar, and 12ml h202.

Yes my tank is still here. I'm in overhaul phase.

RKL out, Apex G in.
GFO out, ARID in.
MP40 out, WAVs in.

Soon:
PacSun out, not sure in.

7pWbQdy.jpg

I called PAX, then they sold me the demo one from Denver.

I laughed at the heat sink....until it was running. That thing puts out some heat and the lights are BRIGHT.

I see UC has the other models up on their site now.

The n12 (one I got) is the size of normal reactor. the one up, is pretty big, and then they have one taller than me for like 1500 bucks.

I called PAX, then they sold me the demo one from Denver.

I laughed at the heat sink....until it was running. That thing puts out some heat and the lights are BRIGHT.

I see UC has the other models up on their site now.

The n12 (one I got) is the size of normal reactor. the one up, is pretty big, and then they have one taller than me for like 1500 bucks.

WOW, those things are expensive. Please report back how it works.

Rik loves it, so I bit and got one. I felt doing Triton I would benefit greatly from something like this, and if I'm wrong, just add it to my list of failures.

Well, the PAX ARID works great! I keep a good amount of flow going through it and have a reverse light cycle. Actually had it on a little before my lights went out to try and balance the pH a little more.

I also grow chaeto in my sump to help feed tank w/ pods.

This is after just under 4 weeks.

HgzSYYe.jpg

cLEDbRc.jpg

Jorden how are your phosphate and nitrate levels with the PAX compared to what they were with the rector? And how is the coral growth? I've been looking into grabbing one, but my fear is I may strip my tank of all nutrients that some of my SPS and Zoas may like having.

By the way, looks like you've come a long way since the "Hornet's Nest"!

Back