Chinese LED Lights

Anyone know which light this is?

582707_10151418069346077_2075717415_n.jpg

Dimensions is 130x50x65cm depth. I really like this everGrow lights but dont sure which i should use. Tank will be mainly SPS dominated with LPS, clams some soft. Another thing is that I'll propably order lights directly from everGrow because Im from europe. But I can find only white and blue pattern. It is possible order full spectrum lights and what pattern you like and which works? Another little question, if I understand it I can connect couple of lights together, one is programed master and another lights are slaves? Or I must program all lights separately and connection is only for power. Thanks a lot and sorry for my questions but I want to do it right.

View attachment 219843

Your tank is basically a 4" tank, so I'd go with 2 (or 3) D120's for about $400-$600. But I think one IT2080 will do the job and would only be $500 and have a controller.

My contact at EG is Helen. She treated me very well. Just remember, they are all off until Monday the 18th for Chinese New Years. Her email is:
sales05@evergrowlighting.com

Some IT series fixtures can jumper power but not controller info. The D120 can't do even the power and the D120's also have 2 power cords and the IT series only has one. My IT2040 can jumper power but my IT2080 can't. I don't know if EG has changed the IT2080 yet. If anybody knows, please jump in and let me know.

No offence intended either but my lights are the IT2080 sorry if I came out as a PITA brcause you did help me out also for my layout on my ReefBreeder IT2080 :love2:

No problem. And if you knew how many PM's and emails I get on these.... :fun4:

Dimensions is 130x50x65cm depth. I really like this everGrow lights but dont sure which i should use. Tank will be mainly SPS dominated with LPS, clams some soft. What do you thing i may use? 2x IT2040 or 3x IT2040 rotated 90 degrees or 4x IT2040 in grid or 2x IT2060? What do you thing? Another thing is that I'll propably order lights directly from everGrow because Im from europe. But I can find only white and blue pattern. Another little question, if I understand it I can connect couple of lights together, one is programed master and another lights are slaves? Or I must program all lights separately and connection is only for power. Thanks a lot and sorry for my questions but I want to do it right.
View attachment 219843

Your tank is basically a 4" tank, so I'd go with 2 (or 3) D120's for about $400-$600. But I think one IT2080 will do the job and would only be $500 and have a controller.

My contact at EG is Helen. She treated me very well. Just remember, they are all off until Monday the 18th for Chinese New Years. Her email is:
sales05@evergrowlighting.com

Some IT series fixtures can jumper power but not controller info. The D120 can't do even the power and the D120's also have 2 power cords and the IT series only has one. My IT2040 can jumper power but my IT2080 can't. I don't know if EG has changed the IT2080 yet. If anybody knows, please jump in and let me know.

Its really difficult to capture the 'true' colors given off by a bright light but after adjusting the white balance, using a flash and a white background, I think this photo gives a fairly accurate representation of 10K (bright white, natural look), 14K (still bright white but with a slight blue tint and starts to make colors pop) and 20K (bright overall blue color, makes colors pop, maybe not quite as dim looking as this picture).

Thanks for the great color shots. Did you do those yourself?

Wow! Kinda surprised no one commented about the par values. This is better par than a diy competitor with Cree leds, but theirs is in a 18" fixture.

Several of us have already noted that we are seeing better PAR than EcoTech Radion and AI Vega as well as others. With 2 IT2080's I'm getting better PAR than I did with 1050w of MH (3 250W and 2 150W).

Thanks for the great color shots. Did you do those yourself?

Yes, it took me quite a while to get the colors to show up and they are still not perfect but I think its fairly close and should give everyone a decent idea of the difference.

Speaking of emails and PM's, did you get mine the other day LOL its bust*******@yahoo.com

Did I read a post where you said EG will have a Cree option available for $50 extra soon?

I wonder how the layouts will change with the Cree LEDs. I know Bhaz has said the blues are more powerful, its basically going to start all over with everyone trying to get the right ratio of RB:W

Installed on tank. Lights were 13" above water surface in this pic. I have them at 11" now. If I go any lower there's a "shadow" between the two d-120's because of the 10" wide glass center brace. Crocea on the SB is doing great!:thumbsup:

Are you using 90 degree or 120 degree optics?

Bhaz/All.....What is the lowest you would feel comfortable hanging the 2040's off of the water? I do not want to hang them as I like my canopy. I was thinking of engineering something within the canopy to mount these in...but I do not have a lot of room.

Stick them in the canopy but remove the optics.

so 2-3 inches off the water is okay?

Bhaz,just want to be sure prior to purchase. I have a max of 2-3 inches I can put them above the water. With no optics do you feel this would be fine?

Thanks again :beer:

I have the nova a4 led fixtures and I'm curious if anyone would happen to know the footprint these would light on a 24 inch tall tank?
Corey

So what do I need exactly for a 55gallon? I'd like to keep everything as far as corals go. I did see that the reef breeders has a 2 year warranty.

The lower the number 90 means a tighter beam and deeper punch. Higher the number 120 means more spread and less punch deeper to the sand.

It depends on what model your gonna get and if you have a center brace also how high above the tank it's gonna be. If its gotta be close an in a canopy the 120 degree optics should be fine.

If your trying to get just 2 d120's 120 optics will prob be needed to cover. 2 24" IT series prob not.

A

A

I have a center brace

Is it in a canopy? How high off the water? In a canopy, I'd go with 120 degree optics for a 55g especally if you keep softies and LPS...actually, you will be more than fine with sps. If you mount the lights more than....8-10" off the surface I'd use 90 degree optics. All depends on what you intend on keeping. I use 2 D120s on my mixed reef with 90 degree optics (8" off the water and I plan to remove the lenses soon) these lights really punch through the water! Even though I only run them both approx at 50% I still am frying my sps on the top. HTH.

Back