Clam with curled retreating mantle. Advice?

reefsociety101

Hi,

For the last week ago my clam has closed up a bit and retracted its mantle. Water parameters are good. About 3 days ago I decided to pick it up and looks for any worms that I might find based on advice from this forum. I did not find anything. However picking up the clam I did find a small bristle worm that was on the same under it. I removed that worm and discarded it.

What I'm mostly concerned about is why the mantle is curled up and not looking healthy any more.What could it be? Any advice? I've included some photos here!

How concerned should I be?

Photos below!

https://imgur.com/a/u7xbj

How new is the clam? Are there any other clam in the tank? Have you ever have problem with parasitic snails, can you recognized this if your clam have them?
Have any clam died in your tank? If yes how long ago?
How new is your tank?

The Maxima showed have not been healthy for sometime (there are no white growth new growth on the shell)

yeah, the clam doesn't look healthy. you could try the freshwater dip on it. if it kills the clam, he was going to die anyways. if it survives, then you would have helped it.
the way it looks currently, he's probably not going to survive so, if it were me, I'd dip him in freshwater and go from there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back