Copperband butterfly

THEDLO

hey any one have access to live black worms or live food in general? my CBB is getting thiner inspite of being fed every day :( and im pretty sure that its cause its not getting enough fats. im aware that there average life span in the aquarium is about 2 years, so mine may be at the end of its rope. the guy i purchased it from had had it for 1 year already. i dont want this guy to die :(

i tried to cultivate some aptasia but ironically this pesky weed isnt growing fast enough to suffice..looking for other options. or if any of u have a severe aptasia problem lmk....

When he bites the dust can you please cut him in to strips and freze him? he would make my angler happy :)

Hey i noticed LI Andy is looking for a CB, i know he is a wizz with fish perhaps you can lend him the fish to bring back to health

A few years ago, someone introduced me to frozen Cyclop-Eeze (you can get it cheap compared to LFS prices at Jehmco.com). When I started feeding it to my tank that was Aiptasia free (or so I thought), the Aiptasia started growing everywhere. Your CBB might like the Cyclop-Eeze too.

I have the freeze dried kind, its a pain cause it floats, ill check out the frozen kind tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion larry! I may go out and buy a 1.5 tank to use to harvest some aptasia, cause my fuge is way too big to spot feed. Ill keep andy in mind in case I feel my efforts seem to do no effect on the CBB weight. :/ I really like this fish.

it took a while, but ours started to eat chopped clam in the fish goo. (home made) Everyone else would go mad eating it. He finally decided to try it and now I see him grab pieces out of it. First he'd pick just mysis out of it. Now he readily grabs "bits" of "stuff". Prior, only ate the aptasia and mysis that was not from a goo feeding.

Also, I must admit that I'm guessing it's the clam in the goo - there is other stuff: fish (haddock), shrimp, scallop, too. But since CBB's are known to love clams, I'm guessing he's found that.

it took a while, but ours started to eat chopped clam in the fish goo. (home made) Everyone else would go mad eating it. He finally decided to try it and now I see him grab pieces out of it. First he'd pick just mysis out of it. Now he readily grabs "bits" of "stuff". Prior, only ate the aptasia and mysis that was not from a goo feeding.

Also, I must admit that I'm guessing it's the clam in the goo - there is other stuff: fish (haddock), shrimp, scallop, too. But since CBB's are known to love clams, I'm guessing he's found that.

i have 2 clams :( hes never touched them. i feed him everyday so maybe thats kept him from going for them?

im going to try some of those foods u said. im reluctant to feed it clam, the whole once theyve tasted the blood saying.........

@harry; thanks i posted to that thread!

hahaha i didnt know they are clam killers. first food im going to be trying is live black worms which are high in fatty oils and what not, my skimmer is going to love them.

They don't always go for clams, but in many cases, they don't eat in captivity at all, until they discover that those colorful things are clams, and they taste good. My CBB, which has been in my tank with clams, likes Mysis shrimp. He won't touch the Mojanos.

hes not eating enough of the mysis and i have plenty of that, unless theres something special about the jehmco brand

I'm pretty sure that the only difference between the Jehmco Mysis and PE Mysis is that PE gets at least 10X the money for theirs. I get the 5lb block from Jehmco for $30.00.
Have you tried live brine shrimp? You can gut load them with Selcon, and boost the nutritional value.

lol this is the wrong thread for u then :p

its not that he isnt eating...its that hes not eating effectively..like if it doesnt get into he mouth right he spits it out...its weird...i hope he makes it till sunday so that he can try the black worms...yes it is that bad...hes looking pretty thin....and i know my tank is going to be paying for the recent heavy feedings...FML

Don't beat yourself up over it, unfortunately, that outcome is far too common with this fish.

Back