DIY Stands Template and Calculator

I had to download his entire album using the $2 Chrome extension then attach it here, they apparently have extended the block to include not even being able to view the photo when you click on the pic/thumb in another user's album. Or maybe it was that way in the first place, dunno. I get the speedomoter pic when looking at any of his pics individually.

sadly there are alot of speedomoter pics where there once were great pics.
thanks again.

add the $2 to my order :thumbsup:

Seems a lot of people are asking questions but there arnt a lot of answeres where did rocket go?

I'm hoping someone could give me a hand with my dilemma

I need help designing a stand for a 72x30x30 reef tank out of wood that uses the the same vertical purple supports but can use a support in the back of the stand but is completely open in the front. I'm trying to avoid using 2x8s I need it to be completely open in the front. The total stand height will be 34 3/4" tall including the plywood top. I need it to be as strong as possible but as open as possible

Last edited:
Seems a lot of people are asking questions but there arnt a lot of answeres where did rocket go?

I'm hoping someone could give me a hand with my dilemma

I need help designing a stand for a 72x30x30 reef tank out of wood that uses the the same vertical purple supports but can use a support in the back of the stand but is completely open in the front. I'm trying to avoid using 2x8s I need it to be completely open in the front. The total stand height will be 34 3/4" tall including the plywood top. I need it to be as strong as possible but as open as possible

Did you try sending him a PM? He helped me design a stand for my 96" 300g about a year ago through PM.

Hey Zack,
I also did not receive a response from rocket and I offered Money lol. Regardless,
following the example and measurements from the first page you should be able to build the stand and no vertical supports for that length using the 2X6 or 2X8. - You can add support to the rear as you specified which will help the center or cross brace.

Using a 1/2" or 3/4" Plywood to wrap the stand will also lend the support you need in the front. I'm guessing you WILL be wrapping the stand? That's a pretty heavy load and personally I would think adding one vertical support in the center would give me a piece of mind.

This is my stand. It's a stand within a Stand. From the pics you can see I built a 8ft stand and out a 5 ft tank on it with a kick azz filtration but also because at either end of the tank will be decorations etc. The tank is centered and under the 4 corners are vertical 2x6 supports. All in all it's pretty rock solid.

f07c990c0bf7845560c8085a95343531.jpg

b712c007d0865605c91cd22b71c50f53.jpg

bde4d28c47697160103b8b31fc80ce4e.jpg

467f0d17b3a0c323c31225a5d526acbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Zack,
I also did not receive a response from rocket and I offered Money lol. Regardless,
following the example and measurements from the first page you should be able to build the stand and no vertical supports for that length using the 2X6 or 2X8. - You can add support to the rear as you specified which will help the center or cross brace.

Using a 1/2" or 3/4" Plywood to wrap the stand will also lend the support you need in the front. I'm guessing you WILL be wrapping the stand? That's a pretty heavy load and personally I would think adding one vertical support in the center would give me a piece of mind.

reading the post it says anything over 180 gallons and at 72" will need a 2x8. this tank is 240 gallons so i'm worried that a 2x6 won't cut it. if i double up on the 2x6 is that going to do the job?

Last edited:
anybody have a copy of the original post without the annoying speedometer? just want to check my design but can't that original post.

thanks!

Wow that photobucket sure is making post like these hard... Imagine what is going to happen when this thread has 20 newer pages.

There is a way to recover them. But not all software platforms have developers that are creating plug-ins/add-ons to do this (including vB 3.8). RC would essentially have to switch platforms and migrate the entire forum over, then recover the pics.

It only affects certain forum software engines. Not all of them. The paywall/speedometer works the same on all of them, so unless you do something about it, they'll show up. The thing is, you can do something about it if you are on certain software platforms.

Anyways, that's way off topic. But I agree, it has completely hosed up a lot of forums. Apparently, if you pay for the $2.99/mo "ad-free" account, you are grandfathered in to being able to hotlink until the end of this year. That's why it hasn't affected any of my posts, yet....but it will.

Back