First attemp at pics...not very good.

FrankB1

HPIM0519.jpg

HPIM0520.jpg

HPIM0516.jpg

HPIM0514.jpg

HPIM0518.jpg

Not bad! I'd remove that white Acro that's RTN'd though, and possibly do a small water change. You don't want to lose your other SPS.

Obviously I'm new at this. The frags were overnighted to me and that is how the white acro arrived. I did not see any flesh or slim in the bag so I thought that was the it was supposed to be.

I treated all frags to a 15 minute Lugols iodine dip so I'm probably Ok.

So there are no white acros?

Sorry did not mean to sound so cruel in my post. If it was shipped you should have seen some flesh floating around in the bag or at least the water would be cloudy and stink to high heaven, sort of speaking.
Mike

How long as the tank been running?

I see you have a clam. I read that it should only be introduced after 8months.

Tank has been running since mid September. Had minimal cycle with Marshal Island rock, went through a couple algae blooms, all water parameters are good and stable. The clam is 3-3.5 inches long under 250 W MH light in a shallow 20 gallon long.

It may have been a little soon and time will tell. Seems to be doing well (although only since Dec 17th). The clam has great mantle extension, no gaping and quick response to shadows etc..

Stable parameters: Temp 81
Salinity 1.026
pH 8.2 (night) 8.3-8.4 (day)
Ca 425ppm
Alk 10 dKH
Mg 1400ppm

NH4 0.0ppm
Nitrite 0.0ppm
Nitrate undetectable
Phosphate < 0.05ppm

Tank looks good and seems you have Coraline growing which to me is a good sign that everything is doing well. Tank parameters look good also. As far as the coral goes I think it maybe dead. But it is a bit hard to tell with the pic. Have someone from you local reef club take a look at it.
Over all tank is nice!

Back