forum etiquette

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15045362#post15045362 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CaliDreaminjC
ThAnk$ 4 cUnFuRmiiN tHe u$E oF pR0PuR Gr@aMMIr! WoRd SoN!

PS- MY RBTA and YWG got TOTM and are FS in the WYSIWYG forum on NR, JMHO. :lol:

...sorry Gar, had to!
:D Jon. You better get your hat back you're brain seems to be leaking. :lol: Don't mean to be s r kast ic.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15047713#post15047713 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by daveverdo
I guess using texting shorthand is becoming more acceptable online. It bugs me when my college students turn in a lab report, homework, or a paper using online terminology:confused:

Dave

I've love seeing poor grammar and spelling on resumes. I'm not saying I speak perfect english and that I don't make spelling mistakes but if you are looking for a job, have someone proof read your resume.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15048301#post15048301 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gregod
I've love seeing poor grammar and spelling on resumes. I'm not saying I speak perfect english and that I don't make spelling mistakes but if you are looking for a job, have someone proof read your resume.

Ok everyone, if you are going to make it a point to correct someone's grammer, you must:

1) Be positive that your grammer is correct
2) Spell check
3) Double check punctuations

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmeal pweor of the hmuan mnid Acoccdrnig to a rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae hmuans do not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed:

Typoglycemia:)

Amzanig huh? And yuo awlyas thuoght slpeling was ipmorantt...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15050203#post15050203 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by puter
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmeal pweor of the hmuan mnid Acoccdrnig to a rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae hmuans do not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed:

Typoglycemia:)

Amzanig huh? And yuo awlyas thuoght slpeling was ipmorantt...

...cool concept, but I beg to differ; my brain hurts! :hmm2:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15049664#post15049664 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by magdelan
Ok everyone, if you are going to make it a point to correct someone's grammer, you must:

1) Be positive that your grammer is correct
2) Spell check
3) Double check punctuations

haha, got me

I'm just glad no one types in Pig Latin on here...

Atthay ouldway ebay irritatingay! lol

Hmmm... I wonder if that's how Ebay got their name?

Who is actually surprised this thread took this direction?

Maybe someone should have posted earlier that good forum etiquette requires staying on topic and not hijacking threads.:D

Huh... I thought the replies were all still related to forum etiquette. Isn't talking about a thread going off topic actually making the thread in fact go off topic? :p

re: Typoglycemia

re: Typoglycemia

Mark- that was a kewl fact. I could read your post without a problem!

I know some extremely intelligent people that can speak several languages but they're perfect at not one of them.

Regarding bad grammar: I'll only put so much effort into reading a post and then I give up. The best advice I can give for receiving a good reply is to take your time typing. Use spellcheck if necessary. Include all the pertinent facts you can think of so you receive good advice. Give people time to respond.

This applies to selling threads, too ;)

Awwww.... here ya go! :D Better now?

235563426_8a350644dc.jpg

The one thing that really bugs me:

Prolly Vs. Probably

REALLY! Are the extra 2 letters are just too much for you? :rollface:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15056762#post15056762 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Capt_Cully
The only thing missing from this threat is Phil.
:lolspin:
:fun2:

The turtle pic(ture) is great.

I would like to add something, I guess. Lets be respectful and open minded to people with other ideas or opinions as yourself. Having said this, please lets not make facts out of opinions, I see that sometimes.

Also putting down misled newbies with a naso tang in a 20gallon tank will not help. Perhaps some of the folks with huge tanks could volunteer to adopt fish like that.

Mel that picture is too clean for this thread. :)
9c23bd03.jpg

Holy Crap. I can't believe I actually read the full two pages of this of this thread. Prolly need to grt back to mlchin the floer beds. :). ha ha ha......................................

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15056762#post15056762 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Capt_Cully
The only thing missing from this thread is Phil.

Oh God... please Mark, DON'T EVEN GO THERE!

(Wishing the infamous Phil thread was still visible!) :lol:

Back