GHL Doser 2 Owners Club

I recently purchased a GHL Doser 2. I downloaded the Ghl control app to my iPad and everything went fine. I noticed that although I calibrated 5ml per dose of ALK and it shows 5ml on the dosing schedule it only subtracts 4ml off of the screen where it shows the container and how much liquid is left. Is this a known problem with this app? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

We have not received any comments on this exact behavior from the app. Please uninstall your app and reinstall it.

Hello,

We have not received any comments on this exact behavior from the app. Please uninstall your app and reinstall it.

Thanks Vinny,
I uninstalled the app and then re-installed. Changed the speed to 2 and set the Doser to dose 20ml per minute which would be 5ml per 15 seconds. The first 2 times the Doser doses it shows 5 ml but on the third time it shows it only dosing 4 ml at least according to the liquid level indicator..

I don't have any PCs in my house but I could run VirtualBox - is there any way to upgrade the Doser 2 firmware WITHOUT a PC?

No Mac Version. I use virtualbox , with a windows image, but good. Only thing you can't do on a virtualbox from mac is the firmware updates for the Doser 2. Took me 2 days of monkeying with it to figure that out.

Hello Vinny, can you tell me where/how to get my device's "MyGHL-ID"? I just purchased the GHL Doser2 (not stand alone) and have not set up the Profilux 3 as of yet. I'm currently planning an overhaul of my system and it will be a few weeks before I am ready to start both devices up. However, when I tried to register my devices with "MyGHL" I could not get past the entering of the devices "MyGHL-ID". Thank you.

Hello,

The Slave Doser 2 does not have a myGHL-ID. Only master devices such as Standalone Doser 2 and ProfiLux have an ID number.

When you connect the slave doser to your ProfiLux, you will need to use the controller's myGHL-ID to setup myGHL.

Anyone know the range of the doser pulling and pushing water?

Horizontal and vertical range-max for both pull and push?

My tank is located about 50 feet away from my water source, and it has a 10 foot rise over a wall. Would doser 2 work?

The max suggested range is 50ft each way.

In your case, we cannot guarantee that the doser will be able to send fluid 50ft away and over a 10ft wall.

Where is your sump located and where will the dosing containers be kept? If both are nearby, then it will not be an issue to pull fluid from the container and drip into the sump.

Hello,

The Slave Doser 2 does not have a myGHL-ID. Only master devices such as Standalone Doser 2 and ProfiLux have an ID number.

When you connect the slave doser to your ProfiLux, you will need to use the controller's myGHL-ID to setup myGHL.

Got it. Thank you Vinny.

The max suggested range is 50ft each way.

In your case, we cannot guarantee that the doser will be able to send fluid 50ft away and over a 10ft wall.

Where is your sump located and where will the dosing containers be kept? If both are nearby, then it will not be an issue to pull fluid from the container and drip into the sump.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read through most of this thread but didn't see much detail on the actual programming.
I was hoping that like a LiterMeter pump, I could just tell the Doser 2 how much I want to dose total per day and how many timers per day and it would do the math for me. Instead, it looks like the opposite? Do i have to do the math myself, and input how much to dose for each individual dose, then it tells me the total for the day, which I already know?

Dennis,

You can run a specific dosing pump in one of two ways: "Automatically" or "Individually"

Setting the Dosing times to "Automatically" opens up an option that allows you to specify the times per dose and amount per dose. The program then evenly spreads the dosages throughout a 24 hr day.

If you want to specify the exact times and exact dosage, select "Individually" and click "New" to enter the time and dose. The total dose throughout the day is then displayed in Average daily dosing amount.

Dennis,

You can run a specific dosing pump in one of two ways: "Automatically" or "Individually"

Setting the Dosing times to "Automatically" opens up an option that allows you to specify the times per dose and amount per dose. The program then evenly spreads the dosages throughout a 24 hr day.

If you want to specify the exact times and exact dosage, select "Individually" and click "New" to enter the time and dose. The total dose throughout the day is then displayed in Average daily dosing amount.

Thanks, Vinny. I think I'm just confused by the wording. ;)

Let me ask you this...
If I want to dose 18ml total for the day, and I want it to break that dose up by dosing 12 times per day, how would I do that?

Since the doser is capable of dosing in 0.1ml increments, you can simply change the pump speed and calibrate the pump at that new speed.

You can use the (1) speed setting and enter 1.5ml in the ml per dose section and set it to dose 12 times. That will give you the 18ml total your looking to dose.

Since the doser is capable of dosing in 0.1ml increments, you can simply change the pump speed and calibrate the pump at that new speed.

You can use the (1) speed setting and enter 1.5ml in the ml per dose section and set it to dose 12 times. That will give you the 18ml total your looking to dose.

Ok, so that sounds like that's what I was saying initially... you have to do the math yourself.

Not that the math is hard, just seems like it would be easier for the end user if you could just tell it how much you want it to dose per day total and how many times per day, letting the software figure out the rest. Like SpectraPure does with the LiterMeter. Maybe an option for a future firmware upgrade.

What? I was about to replace my cheaply made Bubble Magus with a GHL.
I cant just say: "I want to dose 18ml per day, 12 times per day" and the doser takes care of the rest. I can do the math, this seems really awkward. Especially every time I want to increase or decrease the dosage. Surely I must be missing something.

Mark426, don't let having to do a bit of math be the reason not to make the switch. The features and quality of the GHL doser is second to none. :)

The program automatically calculates the dose for the whole day, you just need to put in the amount of days to dose and the amount of ml for each dose.

Back