GHL Doser 2 Owners Club

Wow that's great!First dosing pump that I find to be that accurate.So how do you guys like them?Any mishaps of any sort?

I acquired mine a couple months ago. It's great! Very reliable so far.

I do have a question though, one of my pumps is squeaking pretty loudly when it turns. Is this an issue, and is there anything I can do about it?

Ok, so that sounds like that's what I was saying initially... you have to do the math yourself.

Not that the math is hard, just seems like it would be easier for the end user if you could just tell it how much you want it to dose per day total and how many times per day, letting the software figure out the rest. Like SpectraPure does with the LiterMeter. Maybe an option for a future firmware upgrade.

I too find it kind of strange that you can't just put in 20ml total a day, 4 doses and let the doser do the math. Instead, you have to put in 5ml each dose, and tell it to do 4 times a day.

I posted on the GHL site not realizing there was a thread over here, but RC may have better traction. After ~18 years with a Ca and Kalk reactor setup, I have a GHL Doser 2 in the mail as I look to convert to a 2-part +Mg configuration. My system is highly integrated with one of the "other" controllers. I have my containers setup, installed boot camp and WIN10 last night on our MAC and should have our Doser Monday.

As we prepare for the programming schema, is there any way to provide external inhibit I/O to the Doser? I've reviewed the manual and programming reference, but can you confirm there is no option for additional I/O? The scenario is that I would like to stop dosing Alk if the system pH reaches a specific threshold. My work around is to put the Doser on an outlet controlled by the main controller with a bounce delay to protect power cycling, but I would prefer not to power cycle the controller.

Doug

I had the same thoughts before I got the Doser 2. I use the Apex controller and initially went with the DOS doser for this reason. However, I soon realized that the DOS system is overly large and fitting more than one unit in my space was going to be an issue.

I've found no way to directly control the Doser 2 from the Apex but I do have alarms set up on the Apex so should params go out of whack I get a text message and I can then reprogram the Doser 2 remotely from my phone no matter where I am in the world.

Far from an ideal solution, but it is workable.

Given the GHL unit has a web interface maybe someone could code so html to execute triggered by the Apex although I doubt GHL would allow that given they already have the Profilux.

I had the same thoughts before I got the Doser 2. I use the Apex controller and initially went with the DOS doser for this reason. However, I soon realized that the DOS system is overly large and fitting more than one unit in my space was going to be an issue.

I've found no way to directly control the Doser 2 from the Apex but I do have alarms set up on the Apex so should params go out of whack I get a text message and I can then reprogram the Doser 2 remotely from my phone no matter where I am in the world.

Far from an ideal solution, but it is workable.

Given the GHL unit has a web interface maybe someone could code so html to execute triggered by the Apex although I doubt GHL would allow that given they already have the Profilux.

That's the direction I was headed. The web interface was a big selling point and I'll setup the alarms via my Apex as well. I/O would be nice if there was a way to trigger something like a float input to fake a pump that it was full, but in reality it was a high pH, but we might be pushing the capabilities. I haven't seen the unit yet so I wasn't sure what was available. I'll likely setup a two stage solution. Stage-1 will be text alarms issued by the Apex for a marginal pH or sump level threshold. Stage-2 will be a power off to the GHL2 controlled by the Apex based on a critical pH or sump high-high level.

-Doug

I imagine that it would function wonderfully if one had a ProfiLux and Doser 2 in slave mode, though. GHL has plans to release a expansion module for PH monitoring/actions(?) on the Doser 2, but no information as of late on availability.

lighthouze08, it depends on how often these pumps are set to run. The harder you run them, the sooner the tubes need to be replaced. Regular cleaning can prolong the life of these tubes.

Once they start getting hard and ridged, it is an indicator that they should be replaced. You should be able to get at least a year out of them, but again, it depends on how hard you run the motors.

Hello all,

I've had a Doser 2 - 4 pump model since they came out, and have had a great experience so far with automatic dosing of Alk, Ca, and Mg.

Now, I am having a bit of a problem with individual dosing with a new supplement I am trying. The supplement needs to be dosed during daylight hours, so I can't use the automatic mode. I am trying to dose 5x during the photoperiod of 2 ml total daily, so my schedule looks like:
1PM: 0.4 ml
3PM: 0.4 ml
5PM: 0.4 ml
7PM: 0.4 ml
9PM: 0.4 ml

I have it set to in-day intervals:
Repeat all : 1 days
starting in: 0 days

I have waited several days, and monitored the doser during the times it should be dosing, and nothing happens. The fill level doesn't decrease, and the unit doesn't dose. I can dose manually via button or the virtual button on the app, and that works fine. I have updated to the newest firmware 1.22 and using control center v1087, and that didn't help.

Any advice appreciated!

Your motor speed is likely set too high. To dose that amount per dose you'll have to set the pump speed to (0).

If the speed is changed, the pump must be calibrated at the new speed.

Your motor speed is likely set too high. To dose that amount per dose you'll have to set the pump speed to (0).

If the speed is changed, the pump must be calibrated at the new speed.
Vinny, after setting the speed to 0 and re-calibrating, the program started working and dosing the 0.4 ml x 5 daily per my schedule. Thanks for the help.

It would be nice if the software would warn you that a selected dose is too small for the existing pump speed in addition to not dosing. If I would have just "set it and forget it", I wouldn't have noticed that it wasn't dosing anything.

I acquired mine a couple months ago. It's great! Very reliable so far.

I do have a question though, one of my pumps is squeaking pretty loudly when it turns. Is this an issue, and is there anything I can do about it?

To piggyback off the OP's question, I have a new Doser2 (slave) and all 4 of my pumps are squeaking rather loud also when compared to my old GHL SA doser pumps which were virtually silent. Any suggestions as to why the pumps are so loud and how to fix this?

If my doser heads start making more noise, it's usually because there is dust between the rollers and tube. My solution is to just take the pump head apart, rinse under warm water, and re-assemble.

I posted on the GHL site not realizing there was a thread over here, but RC may have better traction. After ~18 years with a Ca and Kalk reactor setup, I have a GHL Doser 2 in the mail as I look to convert to a 2-part +Mg configuration. My system is highly integrated with one of the "other" controllers. I have my containers setup, installed boot camp and WIN10 last night on our MAC and should have our Doser Monday.

As we prepare for the programming schema, is there any way to provide external inhibit I/O to the Doser? I've reviewed the manual and programming reference, but can you confirm there is no option for additional I/O? The scenario is that I would like to stop dosing Alk if the system pH reaches a specific threshold. My work around is to put the Doser on an outlet controlled by the main controller with a bounce delay to protect power cycling, but I would prefer not to power cycle the controller.

Doug

Doug couldn't you just plug the doser2 to into your EB8 on the apex and then turn off the power to the doser.

Doug

What amazes me is these are hard to come by. It appears that they only ship a few units to the US at a time.

Might just give up and head for a DOS

What amazes me is these are hard to come by. It appears that they only ship a few units to the US at a time.

Might just give up and head for a DOS

These aren't hot sellers for nothing. :)

I'd hold off and wait for this doser, it is worth it. Reach out to Aqua Cave, Premium Aquatics, Aquarium Specialty, or GHL USA. I hear another shipment just arrived.

Back