GHL Doser 2 Owners Club

bklynreef123

Hey Reef Central,

I have been working on a build for the past few months. I just received word my GHL doser 2 is about to ship. I will be posting some unboxing and setup photos as soon as I receive the unit. Anyone else waiting on the new GHL Doser 2 out there?

all USA dealers had theirs shipped between yesterday and Monday

Jerel - I believe you ordered through Premium aquatics, you just reminded me, thank you will get the warehouse to ship the salts on Monday!

By Wednesday next week all dealers will have their stock, over 30 dealers across the USA so lots going on and we appreciate everyones patience, it has made our job so much easier, thank you! :)

all USA dealers had theirs shipped between yesterday and Monday

Jerel - I believe you ordered through Premium aquatics, you just reminded me, thank you will get the warehouse to ship the salts on Monday!

By Wednesday next week all dealers will have their stock, over 30 dealers across the USA so lots going on and we appreciate everyones patience, it has made our job so much easier, thank you! :)

Great work, surely appreciate your part in service.

Thanks again :)

GHL Doser 2 software and APP (beta)

GHL Doser 2 software and APP (beta)

With the shipment of over 80 dosers now across North America in the first week, please find below the required software and also first release Beta APP for Android.

Software
https://aquariumcomputer.com/en-GB/ghldownloads
Please select from the drop down list the Doser 2 and in the other dialogue box your operating system.

Android APP (Beta)
https://aquariumcomputer.com/en-GB/ghldownloads?fileID=216

The Android APP is Beta we ask you to use it as test feedback for GHL please post your thoughts and findings ONLY here -
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/s...n-1-00-BETA-for-GHL-Doser-2&p=59272#post59272

Due to GHL being a global company they cannot monitor all forums for all feedback so if you wish to participate in the development of the APPs if you could kindly only post on the link above in regards to suggestions for improvement.

Quick note about the Iphone - We are aware there are more users for Iphone than Android, however due to the registration process of an Iphone APP it is far more easier to iron out the wrinkles through Android than to keep resubmitting to Apple. The Iphone APP therefore will take longer and we appreciate your patience.

Many thanks again for trusting the worlds most renowned doser manufacturer with your dosing needs and look forward to all the users photos and comments.

Hey Reef Central,

I have been working on a build for the past few months. I just received word my GHL doser 2 is about to ship. I will be posting some unboxing and setup photos as soon as I receive the unit. Anyone else waiting on the new GHL Doser 2 out there?

Out for delivery to you today, congratulations on being the first North American client to receive a unit!

1 down of 83 to be delivered the week!

Balling Salts

Balling Salts

Michael,

Balling salts arrived today in good shape. :)

item.JPG

Just a quick note for everyone receiving their doses. The instructions refer to a pack of black nozzles, this is a sentence that was not taken out from translation, each doser has a bag of clear connectors, not black

ersatzschlauchtuellen_front-1000_b.png

What to do if can not connect via USB due to windows blocking driver loading

• Go to Windows Start Menu and enter below link into the search tab, click return
C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_V1059 (please note this file is specific to the version of software you download, this will change as versions change so just edit the Vxxx to match yours)

• New dialogue box will open with the GHL control center folder in it

• Open this folder

• Open the top folder that says "driver"

• At the bottom there will be an icon that says "install"

• Install this driver.

Hey everyone. I received my doser and am honored to be the first in North America. I am in the process of setting up the unit. I wanted to take a moment to post some unboxing pics. I will be giving updates once I have some time to use the doser.

edc7039669593b41ae1431c67bba4963.jpg

Package came nicely packaged and everything was in perfect order.

80f7b4ecaf46fd6c10930a70e7a38381.jpg

3fde36c754223b95b7a14bed870bdb73.jpg

I just received my stand alone unit today and although I haven't had much time with it I am already a bit disappointed.

1. would be nice if it worked with MacOS
2. The software is cumbersome and not very intuitive. Doesn't seem as feature rich or plug and play like other manufacturers
3. It is going to take some messing around to get it to work wirelessly. Was hoping it would be super simple - like my Radions were.
4. Going to see if I can return it.

1. MacOs no doser yet offers this, however GHL are working on this rapidly. You will not find a Mac stand alone doser anywhere.
2. No product is plug and play not even Radion, you still have to program and tell a unit what it is you want it to do. The software was the biggest thing Reef-Builders and other bloggers raved about jake Adams made various references to how intuitive it was. It is also the same software that is used for Mitras and ProfiLux globally. The software is proven tried and tested and used by thousands of people already, we just need to be able to have the chance to offer you personal support. As with any software it takes a learning curve just ask for support.
3. There are step by step instructions that help you with wireless, we have many Radion clients that get stuck with their units also, but they come to us and we offer technical support and we get them up and running, this is no different we just need to be given that chance to help.
4.I think you are being a bit hasty, why not email us for support info@ghlna.com IF you have already we will have you up and running in no time. If not then we look very much forward to hearing from you today! Yep Even support at weekends! :eek1:

Advanced products require some user interface and learning, we expect this and are here to help. just allow us to help you. We cannot offer support here but just email us.

We are here to help, we do not expect anyone to not have some questions, this is THE most advanced doser on the market, there is not much this can not do to be honest and the global reviews have been mind blowing. The best thing is to get to know the product and if stuck ask for help. ANYONE that emails us for support will get a reply within 2-3 hours unless we are sleeping ;)

Once you are over the small learning curve the GHL doser will be something you wont be without!

Last edited:
Here is a screen shot of the software, it flows pretty well my advise is to start from the bottom and work up, if anyone wants an explanation of any of thee features they see let me know

Sorry its a bit fuzzy!

Capture_zps777ab6a7.jpg

What does the different colour LED GHL logo mean?

White = Config mode
Blue = normal, standby
Green = fill level ok
Yellow = fill Level low, 2 x of the Minimum value (if minimum is 200 ml -> yellow = 400 ml)
Red = minimum fill level, alarm

Last edited:
For connection technical support please email

Info@ghl-kl.de

I am away for 10 days starting today so will be unable to answer any tech support locally, however the email address puts you directly in touch with the developer team.

Please note we are aware of a few typos in the manual that are being addressed this week. the IP for the APP should be 10.10.100.254 NOT.245

Back