GHL Doser 2 Owners Club

What amazes me is these are hard to come by. It appears that they only ship a few units to the US at a time.

Might just give up and head for a DOS

I went from a DOS to the Doser 2. The DOS is huge and noisy and more expensive, although the Apex integration is excellent.

The downsides to the GHL are the somewhat flaky iOS app and the lack of MacOS support, which to me, is a huge inconvenience.

I went from a DOS to the Doser 2. The DOS is huge and noisy and more expensive, although the Apex integration is excellent.

The downsides to the GHL are the somewhat flaky iOS app and the lack of MacOS support, which to me, is a huge inconvenience.

I hear you about the mac support, but once it's set up, it's all cloud base. The app only works when your connected to your local network, kinda of a drag, but it's easy to work with, especially in landscape mode.

I bought mine from Aqua Cave during a sale and saved $50 or $60. I wanted the black version, but they only had white, so that's what I have. The color wasn't a big issue, I just wanted this doser and it's worth every penny. When I upgrade to my new tank, I'll connect a second temp and pH probe from the unit for redundancy.

I hear you about the mac support, but once it's set up, it's all cloud base. The app only works when your connected to your local network, kinda of a drag, but it's easy to work with, especially in landscape mode.

I bought mine from Aqua Cave during a sale and saved $50 or $60. I wanted the black version, but they only had white, so that's what I have. The color wasn't a big issue, I just wanted this doser and it's worth every penny. When I upgrade to my new tank, I'll connect a second temp and pH probe from the unit for redundancy.

It's pretty easy to enable to get it to work over the internet when you are remote - just set up some IPv4 port mapping on your router and you can access it from anywhere in the world.

Ido agree, it is a relative bargain - I got it on sale also and don't regret it. Also, the support is excellent.

These aren't hot sellers for nothing. :)

I'd hold off and wait for this doser, it is worth it. Reach out to Aqua Cave, Premium Aquatics, Aquarium Specialty, or GHL USA. I hear another shipment just arrived.
AquaCave is showing stock in 3-5 days on their website. As suggested, reach out to a couple of the bigger outlets to see what you can do about getting on a waiting list or getting a better delivery timeline.

Since setting ours up on October, it's been rock solid. The initial setup was a bit of a hassle because we are Mac based at the house, but I used my work laptop to update the firmware and do the initial setup. Now we we do everything with the IOS app and web interface.

-Doug

AquaCave is showing stock in 3-5 days on their website. As suggested, reach out to a couple of the bigger outlets to see what you can do about getting on a waiting list or getting a better delivery timeline.

Since setting ours up on October, it's been rock solid. The initial setup was a bit of a hassle because we are Mac based at the house, but I used my work laptop to update the firmware and do the initial setup. Now we we do everything with the IOS app and web interface.

-Doug
I actually bought one from aqua cave on thanksgiving. I went for a white 4 pump one. Still has not been delivard and their site always 3-4 days :(.

I'm very happy with Aqua Cave though. They have really worked with me.

I wonder why, if these are such hot sellers why MD or BRS does not resell them?

Last edited:
Back