Giesemann Lighting Club.

I thought I'd update a few additional pictures and maybe someone will spot what I'm doing wrong.

Here is a picture of the full connection - White to brown at the top, blue and back in the middle, and green to green/yellow in the center.

full connection giesemann andballast by choerenz, on Flickr

But when I look at the white plastic plug supplied by Giesemann for the ballast connection, I see fine print on the plug as follows (from bottom to top)

1,2, +, N, 3

ballast connection by choerenz, on Flickr

Is it possible that the connections somehow don't go straight through? Is Neutral usually white?

Ever get this sorted out? I have a spectra 72" that I need to wire to some luxcore ballasts and can't find any directions on what wire goes to what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just found a seller with the infite 48" Dirt cheap I was thinking about replacing the MH with my 2 Radions, the unit is about 5-6 years old, how long do these ballast last ? For $50 i was concern that the fixture won't light up but it works any other concerns I should be worried about I have only had Leds since I started the hobby

Good score, I would just run it. But you can do what you want, people have removed the MH and installed other leds but you will probably ruin the Giesmeann light.

Why would you think it's obsolete? I started out with Radion LED, then moved to a combo of LED and T5, then to a combo of MH, T5 and LED. The LED is just there to bring out more fluorescent. I have never had better growth or color than I do with MH. The only reason I would move back to LED as a primary source would be to lower my electric bill.

:fish1: Next time you try LED's, go with the Mitra's they grow and color up coral just as good, if not better then M/H , T5, or VHO bulbs. Been there and done that with all the combinations possible, and the Mitra's are hands down the best and easiest Led lights to use. :fish1:

:fish1: Next time you try LED's, go with the Mitra's they grow and color up coral just as good, if not better then M/H , T5, or VHO bulbs. Been there and done that with all the combinations possible, and the Mitra's are hands down the best and easiest Led lights to use. :fish1:

With LED I think the biggest consideration is the amount of light per square inch. How many fixtures do you need across your tank. There are undoubtedly many LED success stories and those I've read use a high concentration of lights. It can absolutely be done, but at what cost and how easy?

While I have customized my Spectra to include LEDs they were for color. I have never experienced simple consistent growth like I do with MH and T5s, but I also did not line up LED fixtures end to end. I went with 3 over a 120, then I added T5s which improved things. Then I tore that tank down and went with the Spectra.

With LED I think the biggest consideration is the amount of light per square inch. How many fixtures do you need across your tank. There are undoubtedly many LED success stories and those I've read use a high concentration of lights. It can absolutely be done, but at what cost and how easy?

While I have customized my Spectra to include LEDs they were for color. I have never experienced simple consistent growth like I do with MH and T5s, but I also did not line up LED fixtures end to end. I went with 3 over a 120, then I added T5s which improved things. Then I tore that tank down and went with the Spectra.

I just got my spectra out of my storage after 2 years finally for the new build. Am interested to know how did you retrofit Kessils in it keeping the halides and T5s.
Also, anybody ever tried to retrofit fans for cooling the T5s ?

Regards,
Abhishek

help were has all the metal halide users gone ?
well on that note I gust got my infinity giesemann duel 250 watt de 4 t5s
and I I must say I am jacked super nice fixture
I also plan on using 2 reefbright blue xho s
any one have a similar set up if so how do you like it
thx

Welcome to the club. The Infinity's and Spectra have great controllability, 2 T-5's on 4 T-5's on Mh on MH with two T-5's or MH w/4 T-5's. You can easily do a stepped ramp up Midday and then sunset.

hello As of now I only have one cord for the t5s I am thinking about doing a mod to add in another cord. but if I use the reef brite s they would come on first. and then 2nd all the t5s at once I am not sure if its worth doing the mod to add in a 2nd cord.
also I hear that sometimes these fixtures get real hot and sometimes the halides over heat and shut off I was thinking adding a small 3 inch fan on the oppsite side of were the cords come out what do ya think ? thx

:fish1: Hi, it's not so much the amount of light per square inch, as it is you need to use the same wattage for both fixtures. Example, if you are using 1500 watts of M/H, T5 lighting, you will need 1500 watts of LED lighting. It is very easy to do, but like you stated, the high end LED light fixtures are a bit pricey. :fish1:

Am looking to get a Matrix II from BRS while they are on sale. Can anyone tell me how does it perform with some PAR numbers especially with the 4x54 watt one. Does the 4 bulb have a fan for active cooling ?

Regards,
Abhishek

I bought the Matrix II and am having issues connecting via Bluetooth. I can connect to the light, however when I back out of the app on my phone I continuously have to search for the light again and start over. Is this normal? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalled with no luck.

Dumb question, but when changing bulbs do you guys take the whole fixture down or just leave it hanging? I'm using the Giesseman brackets curious what the best way is. It's not easy to take down with one person carefully and I worry about shaking/bumping it too much when it's hanging. Probably over thinking it.

single end is pretty ezy it the de that is harder like mine
I would keep it up have some one on the other end just to help keep it stable tale off the end plate remove the glass un screw the bulb and repete try to were some cotton like gardening gloves everything gets finger prints very easey
as for the t5s if you have just slide out that silver clip and the lens slides off there you go

single end is pretty ezy it the de that is harder like mine

I would keep it up have some one on the other end just to help keep it stable tale off the end plate remove the glass un screw the bulb and repete try to were some cotton like gardening gloves everything gets finger prints very easey

as for the t5s if you have just slide out that silver clip and the lens slides off there you go

Thanks!

Back