griss’ Battle with Cyano - all the Things I’ve Tried

Much appreciated George, I do love me some metric measurements.

I just had another read through the thread and I don't think you mentioned nutrient levels. I suspect the mermaids cup is taking up whatever is available and it's possible that your nitrates have hit 0 while there are still phosphates present. A perfect environment for cyano.
I went back to my old school reef keeping. I don’t test;) maybe I should.

Skimmer cup 1/2 full of the tea like skimmate tonight. Tomorrow is last dose of this regimen.

Here's some pics from last night.

FTS
FTS 100722.jpg

Low flow area with Cyano
Left 10072022.jpg

More of the Cyano that's hanging on
Cyano 10072022.jpg

Attachments

• FTS 100722.jpg
    FTS 100722.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
15 mL added tonight. Monday will start regimen 2 with stronger doses after a Sunday water change.

I’ve gotta say, using Dr. Tim’s my water is extremely clear. I started this out of desperation and as an experiment. Now, I’m sorta on board. If this second treatment with the recommended doses works, I’ll be completely onboard with this stuff.

Last edited:
The last dose (and last of) the Refresh went in last night. 5 gallon water change today, then the Waste-Away dosing starts again.

Last edited:
Didn’t get the water change done yesterday. Was doing yard work until dinner time and after dinner started watching that crazy Georgia Tennessee game.

Will do the water change this morning when the lights come on, then add the Waste-Away this evening.

Have games on in the background. My team doesn’t play until 3:30 and Mrs griss’ team is the night game.

When I got home from work, the skimmer cup was overflowing with CLEAR liquid. 20 mL Waste-Away added tonight.

5 gallon water change this morning and 30 mL Waste-Away just added. This is the last dose. Still have some cyano in the low flow/ low light areas. Might add more powerheads.

Last edited:
Still have some Cyano. Now thinking I don’t have enough flow possibly. The Dr. Tim’s definitely made the water much more clear but, didn’t completely eliminate the Cyano.

Back