griss' Tank Upgrade Thread

Very cool. It looks like we are definitely moving soon, so I’ll have to come up with a solution for my fish room…I don’t have one in the new house. I may have to expand a guest room closet or something

Well, progress stopped. We tried to drill anchor bolts for the footer boards and can’t get the hammer drill with masonry bit deeper than an inch. So, tried the nail framing nail gun, didn’t penetrate the concrete. Tried the Ramset manual nail gun with concrete/aggregate (yellow) loads, still can’t penetrate the concrete. Looked at the local stores for a night nail gun load and everyone is out of stock.

The boy has a commercial concrete drill at work. This week he’s going to ask his boss if he can borrow it for next weekend. So, we’re at a standstill until then.

Well, progress stopped. We tried to drill anchor bolts for the footer boards and can’t get the hammer drill with masonry bit deeper than an inch. So, tried the nail framing nail gun, didn’t penetrate the concrete. Tried the Ramset manual nail gun with concrete/aggregate (yellow) loads, still can’t penetrate the concrete. Looked at the local stores for a night nail gun load and everyone is out of stock.

The boy has a commercial concrete drill at work. This week he’s going to ask his boss if he can borrow it for next weekend. So, we’re at a standstill until then.
Old concrete can be a bitch but sometimes you are hitting a piece of granite rock or rebar. How many spots did you try?

Old concrete can be a bitch but sometimes you are hitting a piece of granite rock or rebar. How many spots did you try?
We tried 5 spots with the same result, here’s where the nails hit.

Attachments

• IMG_5958.jpeg
    IMG_5958.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5957.jpeg
    IMG_5957.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5956.jpeg
    IMG_5956.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5954.jpeg
    IMG_5954.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5955.jpeg
    IMG_5955.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Here’s the progress we made. Ignore the not to code electric, it’s a temp circuit.

Attachments

• IMG_5960.jpeg
    IMG_5960.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5959.jpeg
    IMG_5959.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
And here’s the eShopps sump being water tested.
I put the RO waste hose in it and ran out to get the lumber. Came back to it overflowing. I believe it’s water tight, will do another test to make sure. If it holds water, I’ll keep that sump and sell the IceCap 36XL.

The boy’s boss needed the concrete drill this weekend so, we didn’t get that. Plan was to rent one but then the oldest brought grandkid over and the weekend plans got changed.

Next weekend, I have funeral/celebration of life for my co-worker’s husband. So, might be a bit before progress is made.

Back