Have a good one Rainer!

Thank you all very much and thank you Linda for remembering - so far, turning 50 has not shown any drastic changes - hopefully it will continue this way!

Your thoughts are appreciated,

:)

Rainer, did you get the tongs? did ya? huh? You said it was on your birthday wish list :)

wished I used mine last week...

DSCN0268_3.jpg

(at least I now know the best and worst ways to get bristle's out of your fingers....but between gloves and tongs I hope to not have it ever happen again ;) )

if you did get a pair, which ones did you get? (and do you like them?)

I'm not thrilled with the kinds I have tried so far..there sort of "eh"....and I haven't found any gloves that I really like either.

LindaC,

wow, where d'ya get those? I don't think my tongs would help here, though I do have some fine medical ones). In the past, when I was in the ER, I would use a paste, let it harden, then tear the hair out with it (actually, when I first used it I used the leg hair removal 'gel' which women use on their legs) :)

Good luck with those.

The tongs I got where the original black scissor type ones for a couple of bucks from Marine Depot. When the center metal rusts enough, I exchange it with a plastic screw and nut.

:)

They would be from a bristle/fire worm...felt like having tiny splinters of steel wool in your fingers with barbed ends. (wasn't bad until you try to pull them out)

Vinegar was the cure for this one (thanks to Toyota Guy for looking that up as Tom was tweezing them out of my hand one by one). One of the removal techniques listed on RC was putting duct tape on them and pulling them out...we tried that...N.G. (Not Good). Problem with that was when putting on the tape it pushed the bristle's in further and didn't stick all that well.

The other suggesting was vinegar. Soaking my fingers in vinegar dissolved the bristles. It was a nice painless way to remove them.

I wear gloves now and also know more about bristle removing.

see ya learn something new everyday. :)

Back