Here yee, here yee - LIRA's New Mtg Location

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9905828#post9905828 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KathyC
C just can't make it this week, but I should be there for the next meeting!!:D

Kathy the meeting is next week , so hopefully you can make it?
"Our next association meeting will be held on Friday May 18, at 7:30pm, the presentation starts at 8pm. The address is DICKENS Inc. 75 Austin blvd. Commack 11725-5701. "

hope to see you all there...

It’s an honor that the board has chosen my office as the meeting site for LIRA, I will follow the board’s guidance and do everything I can to support our association.

Our official meeting will not start until 7:30pm, Friday, but the room will open by 5:30pm, you are always welcome to come in early and have a drink.

If you work late and do not have time for dinner before the meeting, our kitchen and refrigerator mostly have “all you can eat” bagel, bread, cream cheese, fruit jelly, coffee, milk, apple, banana and cup of noodle.

There will be at least two computers available for you to check your email and browse the web. However, if you want to bring in your own computer, wireless access is also available.

In addition to the 1,000 SF meeting room, we also have plenty space to setup extra tables for trading by the members or vendors, I can even setup a small frag and fish tank so that you can keep your live stock “alive” after the meeting. However, I have to consult the board and let them make the decision.

Looking forward to seeing you next Friday, May 18.

James Chou
Aka James Dickens

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9903916#post9903916 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JB NY
Drinks on the board!!! :thumbsup:

Joe, You must mean drinks for the board on you, right :)

Thanks, James.

This is great for the club and your post above is such a warm, inviting, and generous expression of the way our club should operate.

We need some stability and I think we have found it.

I will try to arrive early in case you need help setting anything up.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

--Dave--

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9909376#post9909376 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dickenscd
Our official meeting will not start until 7:30pm, Friday, but the room will open by 5:30pm, you are always welcome to come in early and have a drink.

Working in Sayville and living in Mattituck means I won't be going home before the meeting, so I'll take you up on that drink. With a little luck in timing I'll have a batch of beer ready and supply the drinks ;) With a little more luck I'll remember to call to you before hand :lol:

Sounds just great, beyond any expectations. Looks like our club has found a new home. I will also try to be early to help with setup or stay to help clean up. Thanks James! and the board too.

was thinking of maybe stopping by the meeting, but trying to convince the fiance. how long are the meetings, and do I have to bring my card with me? have to look around and see if I can find it, im sure she probably knows where it is but just in case.

the "Official" meeting is about 2 hrs thats with speaker and auction. some people come early, leave early it's very casual nothing "formal" .
It's some place just to BS for a while.
No, you don't have to bring your card...but you have to know the "secret ... :eek: .... handshake" .. which Christine will demonstrate if it's your first time :eek1: ;) :D

hey everyone Im a newb to RC and LIRA but I have been on manhattareefs for a while. I was wondering if me and a friend could come to the meeting? Is this sortve like a frag swap? I could bring some frags to trade and would love to buy new stuff. I know this is last minute but can anyone let me know any info about the meetings?

It is a general club mtg. WE have a guest speaker this Fri. A bunch of guys bring frags to sell, Joe Y brings some frags usually from Atlantis and auctions them off. Our website is www.lireef.org
I believe the guest entrance fee is $5

Meetings are also free to members of the club. Some stores offer discounts to LIRA members, too. Last week, I ordered a skimmer from Fishy, Inc. and the 10% off Les gave me covered my membership fee for the year. Pet Warehouse in Copiague also gives the discount to members; so does Animal House in Massapequa. There are more, too. (I like to frequent the stores and vendors who support our club members!!)
The speaker this Friday sounds great - an expert on biological filtration.
Sometimes people post pics of things they have to sell or trade before the meeting.

I have recently moved back to Long Island from Connecticut, the meeting sounds like it will be fun. My wife and I will try to make it. Can we sign up for membership at the meeting?

-Joe

Anyone know when the October meeting is? I can't make the September trip but I would like to go to the October meet. I searched the LIRA website but I couldn't find it listed.

Thanks,
Paul

Back