Here yee, here yee - LIRA's New Mtg Location

We get a variety of speakers in, some home grown, some we bring in from elsewhere. Topics range from the simple to in depth, things like tank set up, lighting, propagation, fish health, etc. Following the speaker, after a short break, there is an auction of donated frags. Lots of good deals on some very nice corals from fellow members, Atlantis, and some local stores. Age ranges vary from kids on up to old timers, even a few spouses, girlfriends or boyfriends get brought along by their significant others, so feel free to bring the wife ;) Meeting details such as the next speaker can be found on the clubs website.

Thanks for the info! Of course the next meeting is the say of my sister in laws bday but if there are no plans then I would LOVE to attend with my wife. I'll know later next week if I can make it.

Wasn't able to attend the last meeting but I just joined the LIRA about 10 minutes ago and looking forward to the future!

For the meeting tonight, please come in from the side door of the parking lot. The front door is blocked with snow.

James

Normal meetings are the first Friday of the month, held at James' place of business.

DICKENS INC.
75 Austin Blvd
Commack, NY 11725

Our gracious host is also the owner of Acan Lighting.

We do take the next couple of months off from normal meetings, however. Next normal Friday night meeting won't be until October. Next event is Family Fun day on August 20th at Atlantis Marine World. In September is the annual collecting trip to Shinnecock Bay to go seining for tropicals. That date will get set later, based on the tides.

Are there still meetings? I know in years past there were no meetings planned in the summer months. The LIRA website lists the last meeting as June of 2014.

Next event is Family Fun Day @ the aquarium in Riverhead.
Looks like it will be Saturday the 19th of July right now.
There will be a small fee for the day to help cover expenses.
It will be announced.

Next event is Family Fun Day @ the aquarium in Riverhead.
Looks like it will be Saturday the 19th of July right now.
There will be a small fee for the day to help cover expenses.
It will be announced.

Can we keep the tentative date published somewhere so people can stay informed if any other changes happen? At the last meeting August 2nd was stated to be the date, and i adjusted my plans accordingly. Adjusted again, but the more notice the better. Thanks for the consideration.

Back