history of lunar's reef

Looking fantastic.. Some growth, some pieces moved or removed..
Some new as well?
Looking amazing as usual!

Thanks. Yes, you're right, I moved some corals for better place regarding lighting and removed some because they wanted to overgrow my tank.

Krzysztof

Thanks. Yes, you're right, I moved some corals for better place regarding lighting and removed some because they wanted to overgrow my tank.

Krzysztof

Honestly, Krzysztof, do you ever have a coral die on you for no apparent reason?
When every coral looks fantastic, there must be a coral here and there that just doesn't make it in your tank?

I certainly have corals that suffer even when every other coral looks healthy and happy..

When I see tanks like yours, where the reef looks like it is from another dimension, I wonder if there is the odd coral that you just can't keep happy..

It's kind of like when I see the most beautiful girl in the world.. I want to find just one tiny flaw... Just to make not being able to have her bearable!!

Your tank is like that girl.. But even with lots of flaws, I'd still like to have your tank. :)

Yes, Krzysztof is back! Reef still looking as amazing as ever. Are you still running AIO bio pellets? Any changes in dosing/ husbandry? That yellow piece low down on the left rock structure is really catching my eye. Bimacs are looking great, I may have to think about getting some.

Honestly, Krzysztof, do you ever have a coral die on you for no apparent reason?
When every coral looks fantastic, there must be a coral here and there that just doesn't make it in your tank?

I certainly have corals that suffer even when every other coral looks healthy and happy..

When I see tanks like yours, where the reef looks like it is from another dimension, I wonder if there is the odd coral that you just can't keep happy..

It's kind of like when I see the most beautiful girl in the world.. I want to find just one tiny flaw... Just to make not being able to have her bearable!!

Your tank is like that girl.. But even with lots of flaws, I'd still like to have your tank. :)

Yes, of course, I've had corals that don't like my tank :mad:
But seriously, sometimes I have a coral that looks healthy but it suffered from internal pest and dies after some time. It happens.

Krzysztof

Hi Krzysztof,

Beautiful tank !!

Takes me a doubt, I read the FM says that if you dose Reef Vitality and coral balance, you should stop immediately dosing carbon, its true?

From what I see You keep the AIO?
The 123 and the aminoacids by half? or normal doses?

Good 2016

regards

Yes, of course, I've had corals that don't like my tank :mad:
But seriously, sometimes I have a coral that looks healthy but it suffered from internal pest and dies after some time. It happens.

Krzysztof

Thanks, Krzysztof.. I think it's important to know that sometimes a coral, for whatever reason, does not do well.. Even in as amazing a system as yours.
Looking forward to new pics in 2016! :)
All the best!

Definitely one of the best tanks out there, the yellows really are impressive. It is hard to find any yellow acros let alone keep them yellow, although I am having some success with a recently added yellow microlados and a yellow bottlebrush type acro.

I'm very cautious to try any fm additives as they all sound so similar. I tried coral balance last year and within days nitrate and phosphate were zero and along came a cyano battle which has now gone.
Reef vitality sounds promising though,maybe I can try a small dose. I also tried colour elements and didn't really notice much if any change after a month, I may try again.

I can also sense a road trip to Poland coming......

Back